• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Castup dont work for cleaning copper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Catsup, vinegar, pool acid, lime/lemon juice, hot sauce - hell, they all will work. The lest messy (and dangerous) would be vinegar - easy to use and clean up - wipe it one, wipe it off a few min later. Just rinse a 3 times with water after you use it.....

I know that we used a product called Nevr-Dull (it is spelled as you see it) to polish metal when I was in the USAF. I checked into Nevr-Dull today and it claims that it does not use abrasives to polish metal and, upon reading further, their web site lists Copper as a metal that this polish clean. I know that hot sauce, ketchup and other materials may be cheaper, but at $3.99 a can in my local auto parts store this stuff is worth a try. I intend to clean the bottom of my Maze2 with alchohol once I use the Nevr-Dull just in case some residue is left behind. Anyway, just my two cents on this subject.

Theres a polish called Twinkle that cleans copper insane. Along with silver and other metals as well.

Back