• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cat 3.4 release in mid May

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

USAPGAPRO

Anyone know how many more 3dmark01 point we might gain from the new drivers. I think the last driver update I got like close to 200.

Hurk

I wouldn't expect new drivers to do much. I can run back to back 3DMark 2001SE's and get a difference of atleast 300-400 points. Weird eh?

Isn't it all about games anyways?

PreservedSwine

Hurk said:
I wouldn't expect new drivers to do much.

I disagree completley, but I've probably got an overactive imagination. Try this thoery:

ATI is going to try and spoil Nvidia's NV35 launch, much as Nvidia had done to the R8500 launch. There have been many, many rumours for some time about the CAT's that have a pretty big speed jump in them, I suspect they've been ready for some time. I think ATI is just waiting to let the other foot drop before they put these new CAT's out. I'd expect them on May 15, the 1st day of E3.

Just a guess :)

OP
Splinter

Splinter

9700 gains the most performance, but performance increases and bug fixes across the board. About 10 - 12 percent.