• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 3.4 Will be out tomorrow!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xXxDieselxXx

Registered
This is from Rage3d.com:

Wednesday, May 14, 2003
Catalyst 3.4 Update!!! - 3:30 pm EST - G.I.Bro
Well... I guess everyone's worst fears have come true. It looks like the 3.4's will be late!

Nooot! Sorry. I had to! heheh

Everyone knows that the hotly anticipated CATALYST 3.4 is coming out any day now. I contacted Terry Makedon (CATALYST MAKER on our forums) who is ATI's software product manager, and the guy who makes these driver updates possible. The question I asked him was simple, when the ATI community will get the new CATALYST package, and can you tell us anything about it? His reply was this:

"Hi GI BRO, CATALYST 3.4 will go live some time tomorrow and will include updates to three of the four CATALYST components. First and foremost we will update the driver to version 7.88 (with some cool performance boosts, and other new features), we will update multimedia center to version 8.5 (with a brand new user interface option), and we will update the Remote Wonder software (used in conjunction with the remote control we sell). Make sure all the Rage3D community checks out our web page tomorrow throughout the day and as usual I will post in the threads here the second the link is live"

I hope this helps anyone who's still left in the dark about the release! Also, a special thanks for Terry for parting himself from his busy Schedule to help keep everyone up to date on what's going on!

http://www.rage3d.com/#1052940609

Excellent news!! Man I hope these live up to the hype! Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I'll be curious to see if these, or the modded 3.2's, offer the biggest performance gain.

We'll find out soon... I just hope they don't screw the picture quality at the price of performance boost... :)

taco_fox said:
Will the 3.4s give a boost to 8500s?

i gotta think it unlikely there'll be much boost for our cards bro, unfortunately. i think the 8500 has 2 be pretty darn near tapped out. you never know thow :D
Great card though you gotta admit!, i'd buy another one now and not feel bad about it. still a fairly competitive card for what games we have out there now and @ a great price. (nevermind that i paid nearly $300 for my BBA retail 8500 when they were new) lol. still a great card

J.

Heh, I only paid $70 for my 8500 a little while ago. I'm just trying to squeeze more performance out of it. Guess drivers won't help me anymore

Rage3D.com forum is very sloooooooooooooooooooooow.
No wondering. CATALYST MAKER said that he'll post an anouncement on this forum as soon as they are available on-line.
Time to hit the reload button!!

Back