• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD Burner/HD/xp problem....posting for a friend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Betty

Guy has 2 CD drives, one being a burner, and 1 hard drive. We add a 120GB drive... XP shows the drive(after much formatting) in Windows Explorer, but not under My Computer..

It show's both CD drives, but only one HD... Now we've gotten it to see both HD's, but now it only sees one CD drive.

System Specs:

XP Pro
AMD Athlon XP 1800
Sb Live
ATI Rage Fury Pro 64MB VIVO
Maxtor 40MB
WD 120GB
Lite-on 32x12x?? Burner
DVD ROM Drive

OP
Betty

Betty

I've only copied & pasted this info from an msn convo I had with my friend today...any help given would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Betty

Jirnsum

Do you have the Intel Application Accellerator installed? I had a problem the other day with a CD burner that just vanished after installing the app....After taking it off, my drive was there again....

baqai

Err betty i am kind of confused with the post as in HOW MANY DRIVES are there :)

try enabling the "reset hardware configuration" in BIOS one of my CDROM's was not being detected in Windows XP and after i reset the configuration it was all normal

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
In BIOS, are all the drives set to autodetect? Can you see them all in BIOS? Are all drives in known working order? Are any of the drives plugged into a RAID controller? Mine didn't like that as they were not in a RAID configuration. Either way, make sure your RAID adapter is on if you're trying to use it or try using an IDE slot instead of a RAID channel if that's what you're doing now . . .

Good luck

Z