• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD drives not recognized/working properly in WinXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

I have WinXP Home with sp1 running on an NF7-S. I have tried several different BIOS and driver configurations, but my comp is still recognizing my cd drives as scsi drives. I don't know exactly why this causes problems, but auto run simply won't work and the drives are very slow to respond when a new cd is inserted. Also, the icon for one drive is now permanently the tank symbol from BF1942 and no matter what cd I put in it says its the BF1942 cd, but if I actually open the folder it displays what is actually on the cd. Any ideas why this is happening? Should I just reformat and reinstall?

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
When you installed the nForce Unified Driver Package (UDP), you probably elected to install the "IDE SW Driver"...by doing so, the driver lists all your devices (HDD's, CD-ROM's, DVD-ROMS, etc.) as SCSI. The newer 3.13 version of the UDP seems to have cured that problem, at least for me. :)