• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah 20 years ago I was "only" 53!

If there was one, I'd be closing in on a "Silver Anniversary", 25-year award. But then I was a member of the original forum back in 1998 or 1999.
Back in the way back when the fourm wasnt even officially part of the site yet.
The classifieds section here was one of my first ventures. I used to buy bulk 80 and 120mm fans and sell them on a couple of forums and chatrooms.

what did you do with zero cool? also is acid burn, cereal killer, lord nikon, the phantom phreak still around?

As a recently elevated Vicennial, I felt compelled to post here to inject a bit of energy into this thread.
I also take this opportunity to draw awareness to the Folding aspect of distributed computing which can benefit society.
In case you did not know, overclockers.com (team 32) is one of the top ten folding teams.
If you are interested and have excess capacity in GPU capacity, check out the "Distributed Computing" forum https://www.overclockers.com/forums/forums/folding-team.21/.
Heat your home and help humanity.

The friendly banter is a plus.

20 years ago I thought booze and others would have taken me out before I could make it here where I am now. I battled most of my demons and overcame them.

I did keep a couple though.. were old friends..

I wonder what the landscape will look like in another 20 years.

Last edited:
As the two-decade mark of my involvement with this forum approaches, I find myself feeling immensely grateful for the experiences and connections it has brought me. When I first joined, I was eager to connect with people who shared my passions and interests, and this community has exceeded my wildest expectations in that regard. I have had the privilege of engaging with individuals from all corners of the globe, learning from their perspectives, and broadening my own understanding of the world. It's truly incredible to think of the friendships I've formed, the knowledge I've gained, and the personal growth I've undergone, all thanks to this forum. So as I celebrate this milestone, I want to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone who has been a part of this community with me, from the moderators who keep it running smoothly to the fellow members who make it such a welcoming and engaging place. I am deeply appreciative of all that you have given me over these past twenty years, and I look forward to many more years of learning, growing, and connecting with all of you. Thank you! =D

Back