• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron D thermal throttling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max0r

Been running this Celly d 315 at 3.4 GHz 800 FSB as opposed to 2.26 533 as is stock. Things have been fine, or so I thought... but generally load temps get in the 60-62 C range quite often, and I was wondering if that is hot enough to activate throttling.

orion456

Max0r said:
Been running this Celly d 315 at 3.4 GHz 800 FSB as opposed to 2.26 533 as is stock. Things have been fine, or so I thought... but generally load temps get in the 60-62 C range quite often, and I was wondering if that is hot enough to activate throttling.

Should be fine. Try lowering your voltage a bit, your temps will drop.

batboy

Senior Moment
I think thermal throttling kicks in around 70 degrees or so. Temps are ok at 60-62, although you might consider improving case ventilation a little.

OP
Max0r

Max0r

Used a program called ThrottleWatch. Indicated no throttling at constant 60C for half an hour. So I think I'm good with tha. Still considering better cooling though ;) Just because dust builds up, fans slow down, and cooler is better even if the only reason is because it is cool to have things cool. Thank you all *bows*