• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron e3900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2xNEHALEMx2

ive heard its going to come out in Q1 2010 and be 3.4GHz! with a 17x multi, it'll be a hell of an overclocker! at 266 FSB it will get you to 4.52 GHz! (assuming voltage isnt crazy) plenty fast for me. bummer if its china only...

theflyingrat

I wouldn't mind if that one stayed in developing markets... no VT and 1MB L2... the current E3200/E3300 both have VT, and the 1MB of L2. 3.4GHz is a pretty easy goal to meet while overclocking with the E3200 as well, and I can already pick one up at Microcenter for $40... in fact, I'll probably do just that later this week. :D

I'd just as soon get those Core i3 models released here in that timeframe, instead...

Bobnova

I'd be shocked if they released a 3.4ghz celeron. That'd be the fastest core2 based CPU sold.

OP
2xNEHALEMx2

2xNEHALEMx2

its probably slower than the e8600 because of the cache, but its probably way cheaper too.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
L2 doesnt effect performance that much once core 2 based cpus have 1mb. Every time you double L2 past 1mb, for gaming only performance jumps 5-6%. Percentages vary from 5-6 1mb-2mb-4mb, from 1-2 it's 5.5%. after looking at lots of benchmarks in the past of core 2 based cpus L2 only effects gaming for what "we" use them for.