• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celery at 133mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
J

JF

hello all. i have a question concerning running my lowly 300a at 133mhz FSB on a abit bx6 ver2 board. my question is this; is it worth buying pc133 memory and trying to boost the cpu speed on this setup or not? i am using air cooling(one of those arctic coolers w/3 fans). i can get the computer to post right now at 512 and 527mhz but windowzz wont load. any suggestions? thanks.

joel

I think you should get yourself a Celeron 600 cC0 and a nice feature rich slocket, and maybe a PEP66. But first check to make sure the board will support FCPGA chips with the latest bios update.

Depending on what revision of board you have you can run a Celery 600 Cco (if you can find one)

revision 2 boards will run a 600 Celery
revision 1 boards can't

Apple Killer (Feb 26, 2001 07:00 p.m.):
Depending on what revision of board you have you can run a Celery 600 Cco (if you can find one)

revision 2 boards will run a 600 Celery
revision 1 boards can't
It says he has a version 2 in his post, so it looks like his best course of action is a CPU upgrade of some sort.

thanks for the info. now where can i find a cerleron 600cco and a pep66?

joel

JF (Feb 27, 2001 07:00 p.m.):
thanks for the info. now where can i find a cerleron 600cco and a pep66?

## Alright *rolling up sleeves*...

Alpha PEP66: http://www.3dfxcool.com/alphacmho.htm <~find it there...
Celly 600 cCO: http://www.pricewatch.com/1/3/2265-1.htm <~find it there...

Hope that helps a bit... Keep in mind if you have a slot one board, which I am assuming you do, you will also need a Slocket Converter, I reccommend either an IWILL or an ABIT Slotket !!!, I myself am currently running the ABIT, so I am a bit partial to it. But I have also heard great things about the IWILL as well... so go with your gut on that one. ##

Hope that helps a bit... =)

I've heard a lot of very bad things about the Abit Slocket3. I have an Iwill Slocket2 and am very pleased with it, as such I wouldn't hesitate to recomend it. Just be sure to flash you motherboard to the lates BIOS before upgrading the CPU.

Just a curiousity question about the Slotket !!! Just wondering what everyone has been hearing ? Never had a problem with mine in the two years it's been in this computer, and it's happily sailing at 100MHz bus as opposed to 66MHz stock speed... Just my curiousity.

SpeeDj (Feb 27, 2001 10:29 p.m.):
Just a curiousity question about the Slotket !!! Just wondering what everyone has been hearing ? Never had a problem with mine in the two years it's been in this computer, and it's happily sailing at 100MHz bus as opposed to 66MHz stock speed... Just my curiousity.
I've heard more than one person report not being overclock as well with the Abit Slocket3 as they have with the Abit Slocket2 or Iwill Slocket2. I personaly have not had expirience with an Abit Slocket3, but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry and go with an Iwill2 or Abit2.

Also check this out http://www.overclockers.com/tips127/

Back