• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Centrifugal Blowers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishDog3

Oh c'mon now, keep it profesional.

Haha, I was reading the article on these blowes located here and was wondering if anybody knew if they had smaller ones that could be mounted inside a case with a hole or ductwork used for inflow of air.

I am putting togeather a H2O cooled system for my mobo but still need something to keep my chipset, GPU, RAM, and drives cool. I was thinking that a downgraded compact blower would work great to prevent stagnent pockets of air from forming inside the case, also with some directional control the airflow could potentally be routed to travel over all the components mentioned above and keep them happy with a supply of ambiant air they need.

Give me your thoughts as well as anyother sugustions to efficiently cool a mid-tower case setup for water cooling.

Thanks

fd

I clicked on your link and got a message saying:

"There was an error displaying this link"

Hoot

FishDog3 (Jul 03, 2001 07:44 p.m.):
was wondering if anybody knew if they had smaller ones that could be mounted inside a case with a hole or ductwork used for inflow of air.

Sure they make smaller blowers. The price doesn't come down much though.
www.grainger.com
Duplicating Hoot's configuration may be optimum. Using 5 volts would avoid the electronics complications, while considerably reducing air flow. It will still be a lot more than people are used to. If you've got the guts, use the full 12V and watch peoples expressions when they see the wind blowing out of your case.

My best guess is that your link is to the topics page of this forum. But it starts out on the Hotmail page and never makes it here, and only returns an error.

Checkout Hoot's article if you haven't. It's great; it's about my favorite article of all time. (Well, the guy that immersed his mobo in an insulating liquid and cooled it with liquid nitrogen was pretty good too.)
http://www.overclockers.com/tips461/

Back