• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CES 2010: Crucial RealSSD C300 6Gbps SATA SSD Demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't like "SSD XYZ". Those could be the slowest SSDs ever made, just to make the numbers look good.

Yeah, but there still is the fact that in a lot of the aspects it graphed it will be faster than any other hard drive out on the market now.

This is because no matter what other drives were listed it still scores higher than itself at SATA2 speeds. Meaning it is going past the point of saturation and offering higher read/wright speeds. :)

I don't like "SSD XYZ". Those could be the slowest SSDs ever made, just to make the numbers look good.

well lets look at things... we have many 128gig and 256gig drives so that is way up in the air... how many 160gig ssd's do you see in the market, only from one manufacture so... Intel 160gig ssd(say G1 for this instance) is in that line up, now compared to the Micron/Crucial drive.

Yeah, but there still is the fact that in a lot of the aspects it graphed it will be faster than any other hard drive out on the market now.

This is because no matter what other drives were listed it still scores higher than itself at SATA2 speeds. Meaning it is going past the point of saturation and offering higher read/wright speeds. :)

you know double checked i dont see any MB/s or GB/s numbers, just IOPs. i do think IOPs can be higher even with a lower bandwidth to flash. could be how the controller handles incoming requests for data.

I haven't read many SSD benchmark reviews, so haven't seen any other graphs, but that still doesn't mean anything. If X, Y, and Z are crappy drives, they'll look bad. There could be other good drives that would be faster on SATA 3 than SATA 2, but since the review refuses to tell us what drives the other drives are, it is useless. All it says is that SATA 3 is faster than SATA 2, and I already knew that.

its uneeded, ssd today is fast enough.
at least for me ;)

cant fatom when I am going to upgrade my ssd raid0, its lightning fast for my use of the computer.

Its getting there at least with speeds. Price isn't that bad either if said price will be true. Would of figured that the 256Gig drive would have a little discount on it compared to being 2x the price of the 128Gig drive. Oh well, just buy 2x 128Gigs and you'll get some impressive results :)

Back