• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CGW Deus Ex

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papier

I just got CGW edition with free dues ex game. It's great and running flawlessly on my system. But it's real annoying that I have to put in the DVD demo disc everytime I want to play it. I would just make an ISO of it and run it off daemon tools, but it's a pretty big dvd. :(

Anyone found a way to get past this? I would use a cd crack, but they're usually shady and just having to reformat my comp last week, I"m paranoid about them. I can't think of any other way besides ISO or cd crack. Any alternatives? Or am I asking the impossible (which I know I'm doing, but hey worth a shot and worth a post or two on :) )?

P.S. I still like the first level. Even though I played thru it a few years ago, the liberty island and hong kong are still my favorite levels. This game just plain rocks! :attn:

If you can be bothered with all the hassle you can create your own cd crack for it, just get a guide, a hex decoder etc and then sit there for hours banging your head against a wall :D

And yes the game does absolutely rock, im playing thorugh the entire game again myselfJ just about to go and blow up the ship :D

Hehe, might be a good route if I ever decide to try my hand at programming. Not a bad idea at all. :cool:

I like the ship part. It's one of those levels that blends to your playstyle easily. I remember doing it the stealth way with crossbows, batons, and stealth pistols. I tried my best to not kill anybody, but sometimes you have to. :( (like when a military bot is coming after you and there's a guy in the only building within 20 meters.)

I wish the programmers would just update the textures, models and animation then release it to the public, like the developers of System Shock 2 did (never played it, but saw some damn scary pics of it.) A man can dream. :drool:

yeah thats really cool how they are giving away deus ex now. Just use a cracked exe. What screwed your system over would be a pirated *rip* that has to mess with you registry and whatnot. Those are what screw over your pc. SO just get the cracked exe and be happy, or better yet buy the game and tell them that we want deus ex3 to be more like 1 and nothing liek 2.

Actually what screwed over my comp last week is my father and a normal looking email with an attachment... you know where it's going. :p

I'll look around for a cd crack or a cracked exe. That's what I'm worried about. Sloppy work that messes with your registry and can harm your system.

As for DS 2, I played the demo and wasn't really impressed. And I heard they didn't release a SDK like they did for the first one.

Btw, like your name. The proper way to pronounce Deus Ex. :D

lol thnx papier finnaly someone got it

beyond the point though =P
a cracked exe in no way shape or form should mess with your registyr, they should only replace the exe itself, or the files in which there was protection. Just look for that and you will be fine. In all the games i purchase, first thing i do is get a cracked exe, so i dont have to disk jugle and i dont have the slowdown of my PC always checking to see if the CD is in the drive. So far no problems, just make sure you virus scan the file first and you should be fine.

I paid 8.99 + taxes for my copy. Not a bad deal at all. I figured they'll jack up the prices to 13 dollars for it.

Back