• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech A-G21 Doesn't Detect TV-OUT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mEmENTOmORI

Registered
Hey, guys!

I have Chaintech A-G21 which is a ti4200 video card. It comes with nVidia Detonator drivers 28.* version, but I also tried 40.72.

The problem is that it doesn't detect TV in n-view settings. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my TV being connected through s-video -> rca adapter, because my understanding is that it still should detect the TV-out there even if there is no device connected to it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank's for your help

I had the exact same issue with my PNY Ti4400 from time to time. Try booting without the TV plugged in, then shutdown, reconnect the TV, and try booting again... I can confirm others are having similar issues and it's NOT driver related.

I only got it working 50% of the time. I solved it by eliminatnig the TV (never watched it anyway :p ).

I had the exact same issue with my PNY Ti4400 from time to time. Try booting without the TV plugged in, then shutdown, reconnect the TV, and try booting again... I can confirm others are having similar issues and it's NOT driver related.

This is an issue i have raised before and nobody wished to comment on!:( I have the exact same problem scince Nvidia changed their Nview interface 40.71 onwards i have not been able to use my tv out, it seems there IS an issue with some cards.

Try using the 40.41 the nview properties seem to work with these set of drivers, the unfortunate thing is their quality sucks.

the 40.52's work as well, but have stability issues like the 40.41's just not as bad.

Other than that your stuck with inferior drivers such as the 28.32, 29.42 or 30.82.

I have tried the latest 41.03 they dont work!, niether do the latest microsoft certified 40.72. All have issues regarding Nview and duel displays(ie TV).

If anyone can offer a solution it would be much appreciated.

MDA.

It's NOT driver related from what I gathered... but in your instance it very well could be...

My issue was intermittent, sometimes worked fine, sometime different regardless of drivers... it's definitely a "card" issue. I stopped there once I realized it was beyond my capabilities to fix, and as I rarely used it anyway, gave up...

Hey, Thank's for answering!
I have gathered some information myself.

here is the tip from nVidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20011119_6315

basically, it is not suppose to detect TV-OUT if there is no device attached 2 it (which I think is the BIOS issue, and is stupid).
It needs to detect resistance of at least 75 Ohm in order to activate it. Some people use a terminator to detect it and then connect a TV.
My problem is that it's connected through an S-video switch box because I don't have S-video in on my TV and u can't get the freaking adapter in the stores. I tried it on other TV with s-video in and it worked.
I'll try getting a regular s-video to RCA adapter online and hopefully it'll work like this.

mEmENTOmORI said:
Hey, Thank's for answering!
I have gathered some information myself.

here is the tip from nVidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20011119_6315

basically, it is not suppose to detect TV-OUT if there is no device attached 2 it (which I think is the BIOS issue, and is stupid).
It needs to detect resistance of at least 75 Ohm in order to activate it. Some people use a terminator to detect it and then connect a TV.
My problem is that it's connected through an S-video switch box because I don't have S-video in on my TV and u can't get the freaking adapter in the stores. I tried it on other TV with s-video in and it worked.
I'll try getting a regular s-video to RCA adapter online and hopefully it'll work like this.

Hmm is your problem that the card doesnt recognize that a TV is connected to it even though it is? The switch box shouldnt make any difference if it is a passive component.

I have used both S-video and the RCA adapter with both nvidia and ati cards. Works flawlessy.

Did you try any other S-video source thru your adapter? And, if it is a combined input/output adapter did u check the flow switches.
How long are the cables?

Back