• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changing xp pro boot screen ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Besides the option Baqai gave you, there's the hard way of doing it using Res Hacker and then going into safe mode and copying the file over (just make sure you have the check system files and stuff like that turned off). There are plenty of tutorials online that will walk you through it. It isn't that hard to do, it's just not point and click like the software method. However, if you don't feel like loading up all kinds of software and having it on your system, my suggestion will suit you better. I personally hate shareware apps with timers and stuff and I really didn't like the program Baqai suggested. Nothing wrong with it, just hated it.

Here is a tutorial for it, assuming you have the ntoskrnl (?) file already made, like any one you'll get from themexp.org. If you go there to download the boot screen, all you have to do is follow the tutorial below.

http://overclockersclub.com/hackxpbootscreen.shtml

Good Luck

Z

Back