• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Frontside Audio for $2.26

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

From the "Why didn't I think of this?" department:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22475

sku_22475_1.jpg

$2.26 and no shipping.

It's evidently "plug-and-play," not requiring any special audio drivers. Could be handy solution for any headset user dealing with finicky drivers, short cables and/or a case missing frontside audio.

Hmm, I wonder if this would work with teh Xfi stuff that doesnt have front panel headers and needs a special wire as opposed to the one that is on the case....

Hmm, I wonder if this would work with teh Xfi stuff that doesnt have front panel headers and needs a special wire as opposed to the one that is on the case....

It's an entirely separate USB audio card, not really a front-panel device per se.

I have a similar one, probably exactly the same internally as that one. It's... OK. Definitely worth a couple bucks if you have a use for it. Not great audio quality, definitely lesser than the average onboard sound nowadays, but it's pretty much trouble-free. It works particularly well with older laptops that have especially noisy onboard sound.

Back