• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap heatsink compound... any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would stick to Artic Silver 3 it has been proven to be a good product. You may pay a little more for it but it will make your
CPU temps a lot better off and won't have to worry about burning up a processor.

Well it all depends on their shipping and handling. If they charge less than $2 for it, then if you really must get it for less than $5 than get it. However, BestByte has ArcticSilver 3 3-gram syringe for $5, so I think you should just spend the $5 and get the AS3.

Tipycol said:
Well it all depends on their shipping and handling. If they charge less than $2 for it, then if you really must get it for less than $5 than get it. However, BestByte has ArcticSilver 3 3-gram syringe for $5, so I think you should just spend the $5 and get the AS3.

I agree

alright, im done being cheap.. like $5 really matters when youre talkin computers :)

how about shin etsu thermal grease?

i read a recent review and it scored above AS3

Personally I have not had any Expierences with that Particular Thermal Compound. But I am gonna give it a try. So for now, I'm gonna have to go for AS3 !

Back