• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap radiator???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freedom

hi!I need to find a cheap radiator to cool my watercooled athlon slot A [email protected] the web i found terrible prices only.Is it possible to bild one from junk yard parts?
Thanks

The collest (no pun intended) radiators I have seen are the 4" ones sold on various overclocking sites. The funny thing is is that I found out they are really power steering fluid coolers for automobiles. They are made or named Tru-Cool but I can't find a homepage for the real manufacturer.
They are usually sold alongside Hayden radiators but I dunno if that is the real manufacturer. They usually only cost about $35. Not too shabby.
Amadon
Try this link: I dunno if it'll work because ist's a cgi addy.
If they sell that radiator here then buy it here of course :)
Amadon

freedom (Mar 22, 2001 02:37 p.m.):
hi!I need to find a cheap radiator to cool my watercooled athlon slot A [email protected] the web i found terrible prices only.Is it possible to bild one from junk yard parts?
Thanks

YES! There is an article on the main page (under watercooling) describing how to use heater cores from old cars as radiators for your computer. Just make sure it's clean. See this link: http://www.overclockers.com/tips250/

On my watercooling system I an using a transmission cooler it cost me $21 at a local auto parts store. I am in the prosses of building another system and am using a heater core out of a Datsun. If you will go to a radiator shop and explain to them just what you are trying to do they will probably be very helpfull.
Hope I was of a little help; and good luck!

KT7A-raid T-bird 1000@1233 Watercooled

cheap radiators can be found at junkyard shops, once you get one just clea it out really good with like a spray hose to get any junk out from the inside, run it for a long while to mak x-tra sure there aint gonna be no juk floating around in your water cooled system

Back