• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I need the cheapest water cooling set up posible that is still good quality. It has to be under 180 dollars and I will only be cooling my cpu. I already have fans for the radiator, I also need a good coolant formula. Any ideas will be good. I already tried but it ended up at $180 so if its not lower than that then I will just get my set up.

I made up this list recently from CrazyPC. You can take a look and modify as needed. You may want to go with 3/8" tubing instead though as the barbs on the ApogeeDrive are 3/8".

sample-shopping-carg.jpg

Did you already have parts? You can get a Nautilus 500 for around $150. I got one after getting tired of problems with custom setups. Simple, low maintenance and it has been very reliable, running 24/7 for over a year and a half. Keeps my OC'd E6600 in the mid 30's C. Rarely have to add water and it comes with its own addative.

Can some one link me a cheap pump that will last and is good for just a small cpu loop? dont like how a built in pump sounds.

The Apogee drive uses the same DDC 3.2 pump that you buy as a stand alone unit. The pump just uses and integrated Apogee waterblock instead of a separate block.

There is really no such thing as a good, cheap pump. A good pump is going to cost you in the $70+ range. A cheap pump like a Dtek DB-1 is like $40, but it doesn't have a very good reputation.

Apogee drives spreads too much vibration. The noise from vibration is much louder than the pump itself. Anyways that is experience with antec p182 case.

Back