• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap xp's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stopdrpnro

been building computers for a lil bit now and buying copies fo xp is killing my profits anybody know wherw to get oem copies or liscesne for less than 93$ for xp home?

Mr. Chambers

mbigna said:
Try here. There are lots of links for resellers and VARs on this page. You can also get phone numbers for buying OEM licenses (and how to use them).

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/default.aspx

You should find something you need along the right side of this page.

hm.. interesting, that page is a BIT hard to navigate though.. is there a way that i could purchase bulk XP Home/Pro copies for my small buisness? i cant seem to find it..

thorn

You can buy a COA and no media for pretty cheap off of pricewatchthen use one of your OEM copies to do the install. But, this is only useful for a preinstall. Personally, on any new system I build I make a system restore CD with ghost so it doesn't bother me, and saves me about $30-40.

Here's a link to one place selling them.

I've never ordered from these people so you may want to check resellerratings or something.

schismspeak

diggingforgold said:
Dont take this wrong mods, but does that mean if someone has a... onofficial copy... that purchasing this would give them a liscense?
yes if you were to reinstall windows and use the oem liscense which comes with a serial#, and use it, yes it would make it official.

thorn

The COA comes with all you need (Product key, etc), but the media. It even comes with a nice little sticker you can place on the side of the case. What I did was buy an OEM copy and I use it to install it on all the PCs I build then I just buy a COA for each customer. I'd say if you contacted MS directly from the link above you could get a better deal on the COAs, than from the sites from pricewatch. But, you may have to buy in quantity.

OP
S

stopdrpnro

sweet that's y i love u guys...in the strightest way possible this will put at least a extra 25$ in my pockets ... now if i could just find a copy of the media. wait don't students get some kind of discount on the cd's? is there a rule agianst gettin like 10 cd's?

thorn

Yeah, newegg sells the OEM version. I don't know about Costco. Usually on the box it will say "THis version of Windows is only for distribution with a new PC" or something like that..