• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CHECK CABLES!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
When you have equipment that is acting up, BEFORE you go and order new equipment, check the cables, check the cables, check the cables. :)
I have a cable modem that the up/down speeds was up and down all over the place, so I ordered a new modem. Now when I got the new modem, I went to old madem and noticed the connector on the RG6 cable was lose, so I tighten it down and no more trouble from the old modem.
Anyone want to buy a cable modem? :rofl:

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I just had a couple scares. I thought either the monitor, video card, or worse failed on my Haswell system. I swapped the DP cable for an HDMI cable & it's back in business. I also 'lost' the 1tb storage drive on that same machine, forgot that I unplugged it a while back for a benchmark. lol

If I still had a cable ISP I might be interested in a new modem, but I am currently stuck with the AT&T modem provided with their fiber service. No option to provide your own modem.

RJARRRPCGP

but I am currently stuck with the AT&T modem provided with their fiber service. No option to provide your own modem.

No such horse-hockey with VTel FTTH! If the router acts up, then I can plug the single cat cable directly into a PC.