• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out my new Rig: Mystique w/ pic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

It's a very mystical name, but she is a beauty. I wanted to do it as a project post everything from beginning to the end, but most of the beginning work pictures are lost at the moment. i can't find the damn cd can't remember where i put it. but if i do come accross it i will surely do another thread or update this one. but here goes.

Specification
I started with something that aren't in it anymore, but i made changes for a good of it. I'll list the parts that i intended to use, but some how didn't satisfy me or broke on me.
- Waterblocks, I started with Polar TT series for both CPU and GPU, CPU block's performance was bad, but it was my fault that it was bad but i realized that after buying another block. GPU block was just fine but it didn't fit on my new video card.
-Asus X850 XT, it died on me somehow. i don't how, but it worked just fine the day before it died.
-Rad. I wanted to use Thermochill 120.3, but it was taking up a little more space than i had calculated. about 2 inch difference so i used 120.2.
-Raptor 10K RPM 74GB it still works, but now it is sitting in its orignal rig. I went ahead and got me 2x 250GB hdds.
-Creative Audigy 4 Pro. The box that comes with it doesn't fit in the case bay so i used that creative 4 pro in my other rig and now im waiting for the audigy 2 platinum to arrive
-Res, started with 5.25" Bay Single Res, but didn't work out as planned and air bubble problem

Current Specifications in the syste,

Case: Lian Li PC-75b custom painted color-2-color. changes color at different angle view
CPU: Intel P4 650
Motherboard: Asus P5AD2-E Premium
Video Card: BFG 7800 GTX
Memory: 2X 512MB Corsair XMS DDR2 PC2-5400
HDD's: 2x 250GB Maxtor
Coolinng:
CPUWB: DD TDX Copper 1/2" Barb
GPUWB: Acetal Maze 4 1/2" Barb w/ OCZ Ram sinks
Pumps: Swiftech MP650 and DD5 running in series for more head pressure
Tubing: Tygon 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
Res: DD Cylinder
Rad: Thermochill 120.2 w/ 2x Panfalo Ultra High Speed fans 120mm
Chipset: Swiftech MCX-159-R

Bay 1 Top: Coming Audigy 2 Platinum
Bay 2: Cooler Master Muskteer
Bay 3: Cooler Master Cool Drive 6/Fan Controller
Bay 4: DVD-ROM/ CD-Rw
Bay 5: Antec HDD Cooler
Bay 6: Asus 16x Dual DVD+/-RW
3.5" Bay 1: Vantec Fan Controller
Bay 2: Empty
Bay 3: Floppy (Yes! I do use it one in a blue moon)
PSU: TT 580W Pure Power

I also have 6 UV Cold Cathodes, but two of them died. I will change them soon.

Time for some pictures.
I linked the pictures because they are a bit big. Sorry 56k.

X850 XT Bare
BFG 7800 GTX OC
7800 w/wb
7800 w/wb2
OCZ Ram Sinks
Polar TT Blocks (I intended to use)
Pumps
Rad
Rad and Res
Res
TDX Block
Back View
Front
Front 2
Front 3
Side
Side 2
Side 3
Side 4
Side 5
In Darkview
Darkview 2
Darkview 3
Darkview4

I will soon mod the keyboard. I'll make some updates once im finizhed with it.

Tell me what you guys think.

Hey, looks Great, I wish I had the time and money to do something like that to my comp. I like the colors alot, it isn't the blue and silver that everyone seems to have now.

HOLY CRAP thats NICE. I'm lovin the glow in the night. Actually, i'm loving everything...

Except 2 cons:

#1: The external drive bezels. Doesn't fit the theme of the case unpainted, its a little strange
#2: THE UNCUT FAN GRILLS! Those are gonna make your computer a tad louder, the fans will die sooner, and most importantly, it'll kill your airflow.

Other than that, thats a flawless rig. but why a BFG 7800GTX??

SolidxSnake said:
but why a BFG 7800GTX??

Isnt that like asking why upgrade your old comp, well cuz the new stuff is faster.

That looks pretty sick, I like it. Hey how are your temps w/ your 7800GTX watercooled? I want to WC my 7800GTX but am curious what the temps would be like?

SniperXX said:
Isnt that like asking why upgrade your old comp, well cuz the new stuff is faster.

That looks pretty sick, I like it. Hey how are your temps w/ your 7800GTX watercooled? I want to WC my 7800GTX but am curious what the temps would be like?

I meant hte BFG part. He could have gotten something like an eVGA, XFX or LeadTek. BFG overprices their cards. Though I'm not sure on prices of 7800GTX's

SolidxSnake said:
HOLY CRAP thats NICE. I'm lovin the glow in the night. Actually, i'm loving everything...

Except 2 cons:

#1: The external drive bezels. Doesn't fit the theme of the case unpainted, its a little strange
#2: THE UNCUT FAN GRILLS! Those are gonna make your computer a tad louder, the fans will die sooner, and most importantly, it'll kill your airflow.

Other than that, thats a flawless rig. but why a BFG 7800GTX??

#1: That bay will be filled in with another bay device that i will get with my new sound card. That is only there to take the emptines away.
#2: Good Point. I will be working on them after i get my new sound card. but for now it's all good. I give it few weeks before i take them out.

SniperXX said:

I used to idle at 59C and load at 67. Guess what. WC is so freaking amazing. Broung my idle temps down to 35c and load to 42C. Thats like taking half off of idle temps.

SolidxSnake said:
I meant hte BFG part. He could have gotten something like an eVGA, XFX or LeadTek. BFG overprices their cards. Though I'm not sure on prices of 7800GTX's

It was only $20 over priced. But it had a stock speed of 460mhz instead of 430mhz. $20 for another 30mhz i don't mind. I have pushed this card as far as 515mhz. But it get pretty unstable that speed. I will have to do something about it.

RedDragonXXX said:
Why is everyone using two pumps these days? I thought that one D5 would be enought.

what SniperXX said is partially correct. If one pump dies the other one is still in good condition to run. But more importantly it is for extra head pressure. More headpressure u have better flow you have. meaning all those loops wouldn't be much of a deal for the pump to push through.

shellshock said:
yes indeed! I love the purple flake paint!

It's not really purple. Because of the flash of the camera it came out purple. But it is really a color 2 color type of color. It changes color when you look at it from different direction/angles.

I got it from some paint shop around my house. It was actually about an hour away. The paint was pretty expensive, but i think it was worth it to me. I still have to add few things to this baby as well. She will be kicking *** but even more when she is setup nicely.

I love the chameleon paint. I saw a 2005 Mustange with chameleon paint when I was in LA going to work @ our server colo. It was tight, his was like a turquois to purple.

Back