• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out the new NF7-S2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

same here...got mine in a couple days ago, and woulda been more than happy to try the new one...

OP
ap673

ap673

NF7-S, S2, or S2G?

I'm about to buy a NF7-S rev2.0 and I don't know if I should get the new one. I dont need the Nvidia Soundstorm since I have an Audigy X-Gamer. Does anyone know anything about these new boards or what they can do better than the rev2.0's? Which one NF7-S, NF7-S2, NF7-S2G? It looks like the S2 and S2G don't have any NB cooling?!, does that mean they're bad overclockers?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Inactive Moderator
WHAT THE HECK!!! I just opened my new NF7-S about an hour and a half ago, and NOW I see this thread. Hell, I could have RMA-ed it back to newegg for full refund b/c they love me.

GRRRRR!

Whatever.

OP
ap673

ap673

Haha I know I don't wanna get caught in ur shoes. I've been reading and I hear that this NF7-S2 comes with a better NB heatsink, but no fan. It also has SB heatsink.

+ Better SATA, max 3.2vdimm, no need for mods like L12, cheaper
- Vcore only goes up to around 1.8-1.85, no Nvidia Soundstorm

Looks like a better plan for a noob like me that has no idea how to mod a NF7-S. Does anyone know what the max FSB you can get on a NF7-s v2.0, xp2600-m, and PC3700EB right out of the box without any mods?

RedDawg41

Just before you guys take the leap on this new edition of the nf7-s2... email some of the reviewers on the net for them to take a look at this board, and review it. Just be the looks of it, there are some changes on it, that don't seem right (mosfets especially) NF7-S v2.0 is a great board (notice that the AN7 was to replace it, and hasn't done so well) just me 2cents

OP
ap673

ap673

Ya it does look like there are fewer mosfets.

Ok this is a tuff question....What kinda FSB speeds can I expect from a new NF7-S v2.0 right out of the box without any mods.

I've got XP2600-m, SP-97, and OCZ 2x256 PC3700EB. If NF7-S can't cut higher than 215-220mhz right out of the box, then I'll go with the NF7-S2 which seems to not need the mods.

Turd Furguson

Well my RMA'd NF7-S originally had the black DIMM slots. My new board has the colored ones and I can seem to OC better but it isn't the S2 series.

Sgt.Bob*Uk*

Registered
NO MULTI CHANGE OR CAS 2 :bang head :bang head :bang head

What is Abit thinking :-/. I have only seen 1 person with this board so far but if this is true for all the new boards Abit really has made a complete arse of this Bios.
Lets see if Abit will wake up and fix this one, Why is it so hard to make a Good board with a Good Bios :confused:

RedScare

i saw this board on thursday when i ordered my NF7-S v2.0 from newegg. i decided not to get it. first of all i want the soundstorm. second of all, i think its better to go with something which has been proven to be the best over the last couple of years. im willing to do the L12 if it comes down to it. its really not a big deal at all. id rather do that and have an otherwise outstanding board than to try my luck with the mystery board.

100mbHD

WOW ok listen. You all dont know much about this board, let me help you out. This new board seems to be a cheaper model of the orginal NF7-S. we can first notice that the NF7-S2 is $74. while the original NF7-S is $85. but this doesnt tell us much. It is said by a few people that their is no multi adjustment nor can it go below CAS 2.5. In my opinion, that really really sucks. not to mention the obvoius things like no soundstorm. The picture they give is wrong btw. Their is infact a heatsink on the NB and SB. The SB has a passive HS while the NB is active I believe. correct me if im wrong. my opinion is to stay with the original NF7-S, it has been proved a great board. Unless their is a bios change to improve the new NF7-S2, i wouldnt recommend it. Plus, the new NF7-S's are suppose to be great mobo's. They look similiar to that pic of the NF7-S2 w/ the colored DIMM's and such. just my 2 cents.

100mbHD

lol your right, i didnt read the thread fully, i stopped half way because I was too anxious to correct them. Sorry if my information was useless.