• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out this fan! MECHATRONICS 80mm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kent

MECHATRONICS 80mm, F8025X12B1 Fan. 12v., 4200 RPM, 53 CFM, 39 dBA, 3 Pin power connector.

This fan from Mechatronics is a great middle-of-the road choice between the very quiet fans (like Papst and Panaflo) and the screaming loud/high airflow Deltas. Considering it's power draw, the fan has been pre-wired to get it's power from your power supply using a standard 4 pin molex connector - BUT - it also has a three pin connector wired in so that it can still report fan speed information back to your motherboard.

Just ordered it from www.plycon.com

53CFM, but only 39dBA. Not bad!

It will be mounted on my new AX-7. I hope they work well together. Anyone considering a new fan might check it out.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
That is my exact setup. The fan is a LITTLE loud, but nothing like 60mm units. Good luck!

MikeTimbers

Also, because of the Molex connector, they are very easy to run at 7v.

One of my cases has four of these all at 7v and the computer is cool but quiet .

Shroomer

member with no avatar
True... All you have to do is bend the metal tab in and move the ground to the red side. No mess!

P.S. When I tried it, I couldn't get rpms. Is that normal?

Pat

Better Cooling Asus 8200 T-500 Card ?

Just purchased a Asus GF3 8200 V Card. I would like to at least replace the small factory fan?

Has anyone attemped to upgrade the cooling for this card? The fan/heatsink where the fan mounts on to the heatsink measures just a little over 60mm square.

Do you think I need to just install a bigger fan? Replace the center main heatsink/fan with a crystal orb or cool jag? Or remove all of the factory heatsinks & start completely over?

Pat