• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check this UT2003 screenshot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rb26dett

Disabled
I own :D

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great ping. I had 40 on a server the other night...that blew me away. :)

Cy

I should really install ut2k3. I played the demo and bought the game but have been so busy with bf1942 and setting up my watercooling lately that it has just been sitting there. Maybe ill do that tonight....

hmm, a tweaked out 26k dial up connection i am on sort of stinks. I have tweaked it out and i normally get around 250~300ms ping with hardly any packet loss or such. I will be getting cable in around 4 months or so and cant wait. I am not to bad in UT2k3 online unless its very close corder fighting like serpintine or such. Just have to lead alot more than normal.

Oh, and is there any guide~way i can tweak UT2k3 network setting so it will work better for 26k connections?

For 26K modem 250ms is not that bad ... when I had my 56k modem (GOD I HATE IT) I used to ping 280-300ms.
But all that is history, I wont part with my cable ever!! And whenever Im gonna move Ill double check that they offer cable :cool:

Looks like that kitten isnt claustrophobic......IF it was i would emagine it would be going psycho trying to get out. Oh and i have played against rb26dett, he is very hard to kill. I guess i just have to pratice more and get cable heheh dial up is uh a bit of a handi-cap, like when you kill yourself with a rocket since you really didnt go all the way around the corner but it looked like you did. Ohwell, Lan parties that i go to i still beat most everyone pretty good, what skill level do you play UT2k3 bots at?

Your played against me ? under what name ? :cool:

And if you asked me about the bots ... I never played bots, as soon as I got the game I went online.
I guess playing HL, CS & Quake 2-3 for years gives me the training I need to whoop *** :D

at first i was Terminus then changed my name to wildfrogman later. It sure is amazing the difference playing online vs bots heheh. I only have a 26k dial up connection but tweaked out all the settings and registry stuff and get around 250~300ms ping on most maps. You were one of the first players i went up against and i was like oh great i really stink....then played online quite a bit and got a feel for it. I have become quite a bit better but still run into people that outscore me by alot and am like wow they are good. I usually get to be around the middle ~near top score most of the time and every once in a while be the top scorer which feels nice. Ohwell, really first game i seriously have played online so its alot of new stuff to learn how to play well online. Oh and maybe able to get cable janurary or feburary! i would think that could help my frag scores go up a tiny bit atleast.

Last edited:
My wife and I are looking for a house in about a year or so and I've already told here the area has to have broadband...but actually, she is as much addicted to it as I am. We lost our router/firewall the other night and she made me go right out and buy a new one! :)

Cyklopz

I am going to get this pretty soon and I do not have cable. I have a P4 2.4B, G4 TI4600, 512mb PC3500. If I wanted to run my settings high and I got a 56k that get around 300 ping, will this lag alot in this game? Cable will be hooked up in 2 weeks...thank god.

Back