• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Checked out Darwina yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XZit

Have you guys checked out that new steam game darwina?
I dled the demo--and its actually kinda fun.

And I think you can play it online as well.

I still gotta play through the whole demo and see if its worth $20 though.

Also while on steam games, do you guys think its worth $20 for the new day of defeat: source?
Or should I just stick with the older version?

pz

I played this game over the summer. In my version there was no online play, and it didn't require Steam. Sit down ban sticks, Darwinia can (or could) be bought and downloaded from the developer's website.

For those of you who do end up playing this game, learn from my mistake:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/ThePerfectCore/Other/Darwinia01.jpg

Check what's going on at the other end of the radar dish before blasting Darwinians through it.

DOD:S is worth it if you liked the old one.. i never played the old one and I love the new one but i kinda stopped playing it after awhile, back to counter-strike i went.

so think darwinias worth the $?
Its pretty fun to play.

But I'd probally rather get day of defeat source--I wish there where new weapons though... :(

pz

I didnt really like Darwinia and I dont know how it could keep my attention. I just like Mods. (Goldeneye Source, Dawn of the Dead) Mmmm cant wait.

Ya speaking of which--when are these mods going to happen for counterstrike source?

pz

blah--just got through demo of darwina, was sorta boring after a while.
The full game version would get slow fast...

I'll probally just spend the $20 on day of defeat source.

pz

FlakMonkey said:
(Goldeneye Source, Dawn of the Dead) Mmmm cant wait.

Do you have a link to the guys who are doing Goldeneye source?

Also could some one tell us what the gameplay is like. I took a look at a video of Darwinia but it looked way too cartoonish for me.

man i honestly don't think there has been a good mod since half life 1, all the others seem like half done turds for EVERY game....call me crazy i didn't like desert combat too much, i dunno....nothing captures the magic of a "mod" quite like counter-strike did for me....it was before i knew anything about computers and i was like "so i can just download this game...if i have this game? and its sweet!?" boy was it

Back