• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheesecloth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Little Dump

Registered
Does anyone know if cheesecloth is lint free?

I bought some and was wondering if I should use it to get the AS5 off of my HS and IHS.

I used q-tips last time and have since read that they are not lint free, so I shouldn't use them.

Thanks

Last edited:

dicecca112

god no, it is so not lint free. Just ask anyone on my set crew for our drama production. we were covered in lint by the time we finished. Q-tips are fine.

Dubbin1

Little Dump said:
what type of cloth should I use to wipe of the HS after I lap?

A lint free cloth :D Just use whatever you have and if any lint gets on it then simply blow it off.

squirtle632

Go to Wally World ( WalMart ) in the paint section by the brushes there are lint free cloths or go to a camera store. They should have dome there also. Wally World is cheaper.

Sean Lindstrom

I believe the "tack cloths" painters and varnishers use are coated with a sticky substance that will foul up your fine work.

Camera lens cleaning sponges or towelettes should leave no residue; pro photographers are very sensitive and perhaps dogmatic against oil getting on their lenses. Lens cleaning fluid does contain a little soap though.

What Dubbin1 said.