• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheiftec Blow Hole

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uLJSANE

Registered
Hello Again ,

i know i am lazy but i didnt feel like opening up from cheiftec and looking for a way to get the top off so i can drill a blow hole with out taking everything out of my case...etc... so where else should i ask other than the leet sauce helpers from the ocforums!,

thanks , i took some pictures too. to show what i see holding it on from the outside.... they seem to be screws but without a bit just a round hole.. you think i could just pry them out somehoew and replace them with glue/similar sized screws. Also is there any clips inside......

Thank you
P1010013.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010018.jpg

I think you are talking about rivets. Drilling them in the hole (using a drill bit that is a bit thicker than the hole) will make them release (actually brake them). There is a small part of it on the back, so be carefull not to let it fall into the case (you might forget it fell, and it will end up shorting something in there). Also make sure that you put a tape or sticky material close to where you are drilling to make the bits stick onto it. I think there are 6 rivets on the chieftecs.

*edit* forgot to add that you can replace them with small screws, at least I did :p

Theyre rivets. You need to either drill them out or knock the top off them with a chisel (using a chisel means youll more than likely make a mess of your case though). You can replace them by either tapping the hole and using a screw, or using a nut and bolt. Or with another rivet, of course, but that means buying a pop rivet gun.

the ocforums help crack another problem once again!

YAY. OCFOURMS . YAY

*edit* THANKS!

*2x edit* ;)

Back