• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec AX-01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

well, i was browsing newegg yesterday and i came across this case

Case Link

Only $110 dollars with 450 watt PSU and a nice window! Sounds like a good deal to me. I had a few questions about it though

1. This thing comes with Foxconn 450 Watt PSU. On the page it says it is AMD approved. Does anyone else have this PSU and can vouch for its quality.

2. What size are the case fans supposed to be. I assume that they are 80x80, but i just want to make sure.

eli

I have the same case, minus the blue and window mod. Came with a 420 watt turbolink PSU. Great case, alright power supply.
$72 bucks shipped to me. Now that is a deal. I think you are paying the blue and the window mod here.

80mm fans, 2 in front and 2 in back.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
eli said:
I have the same case, minus the blue and window mod. Came with a 420 watt turbolink PSU. Great case, alright power supply.
$72 bucks shipped to me. Now that is a deal. I think you are paying the blue and the window mod here.

80mm fans, 2 in front and 2 in back.

yeah, i have the same case as you eli... i except mine is the black with a 80 mm side intake fan to cool the video card... i made a decision between the window or side fan and i chose the fan... i really don't need anybody looking in my messy case :D but the turbolink supply was fine so i assume that the 450 watt is going to be decent... if it's AMD approved, then it should be good for an AMD with no problem... i am running a p4 with mine and it's rock stable. voltages are a little low, but it doesn't effect my performance.

eli

I have the side intake, and the case is white.. Great case. PSU is ok, handles mild overclocks. I have noticed the voltages are a bit week. Maybe when I have the money i'll get a nice sparkle 400 watt.

EluSiOn

eli,

I got that super blow out sale deal like you from www.newgee.com! my is blue alluminium chieft tec case with psu 430w by Turbo Link. No.... it is not a deal. It is hardly good the PSU.

I use the multimeter to measure the 5v straight out from the PSU and it was only 4.90v. Never ever reached 5.0v. I am very upset with this PSU and If I increase my cpu vcore to 1.85v, the 5v line will drop below 4.75 and Windows XP will crash on me.

CalsonicGTR,

I dunno about the new bundle deal with the Foxconn 450w PSU. Just my past experience, I would suggest you stay away from those bundle deal. By the way. The Case itself Rocks. I never regret that I purchase the deal though I can get that case from somewhere else without the psu for $35.

krm197

Registered
I got the Chieftec Dragon Aluminum blue w/ acrylic window and turbolink 420 w power supply refurbed from newegg. The case is superb, and I couldn't ask for anything more. My system temps dropped 5 degrees just from switching over from my mid case.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
krm197 said:
I got the Chieftec Dragon Aluminum blue w/ acrylic window and turbolink 420 w power supply refurbed from newegg. The case is superb, and I couldn't ask for anything more. My system temps dropped 5 degrees just from switching over from my mid case.

my temps dropped as well with this case. i don't know if it is the extra fans or if it is the case design, but whatever it is, it's awesome. i sure know i love mine!