• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chilling water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sfa ok

How would I go about chilling the water in a water-cooled system? I'll have a Alpha to spare, so I can cool a peltier. Also, it gets kind of hot and humid around here, so if the water is chilled, should I insulate the tubing to prevent condensation? I was thinking along the lines of this: http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=4855&Store=Bike
It's a tube insulator made out of neoprene for Camelbaks (small diameter), but I'm sure I could make my own.

Unless you have a really heavyduty peltier, I don't thimk you should have a problem chilling the water. I am using a 72w Melcor pelt, w/ DangerDen copper Athlon coolerHS w/60mm GlobalWin Fan attached, and so far I haven't seen much results. I am going to unhook it this weekend, and test out any temp variations. I have certainly seen no signs of condensation.

Back