• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choice time.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mico

Well...these will both be gotten eventually...the question is when.
1. Radeon 9600 pro XT w/ 256mb RAM
2. Extra 40G 7200 Maxtor HDD w/ Highpoint ATA100 RAID card

So...when do youse guys think I should get what?

Well...right now I have a geforce 4 4200, so I'm doing alright graphics wise....I could play for quite a while just turning the graphics down a little. Would I notice a large performance difference between the two? (256mb 9660 vs 128 mb 4200)

i cant really speak for that, but i dont think you'll notice a huge difference. besides, if you have a burner you shouldnt be hard on space...but hey. wanna sell me your GF4 4200 for cheap when you replace it? lol...gotta get a real video card for the system i'm building...i'd go with the new video, as i'm on a 30G hdd in a 5 year old computer...only had space issues befoer i got my burner, no i use very little space...over 60% is free.

Get the HD now and wait for HL2 before you get the Vid. card. You would see a bigger gain by getting any 9800. Pro, Non Pro, XT, it does not matter. The 9800's have 8 pipes open. The 9600's have only 4.

I'm not one of those 'latest greatest' people. Someone once told me that the most bang for your buck would be to stay one step behind the latest trend. Go For The Drive!

Back