• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choices Choices Choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCarne_Asada

ok so my dad and i were computer part shopping today. I was looking at AMD and he said check out Intel. So now i am torn between the 2.

Which do you think should i get for my new system

1) AMD
AMD 2400+ Processor
ABIT AT7-MAX2 or NV7-8X or ASUS A7V8X or MSI KT4 Ultra-FISR
SLK-800 with FAN or Swiftech MCX462+T with FAN
(i know the nforce isnt out yet, and i know it doesnt have spots for a mountable heatsink)

2) Intel
Intel 2.4 - 2.5ghz Processor 533mhz FSB
ASUS P4S8X or MSI 648 Max-L
Suggestion on good cooling heatsink/fan

Either system would have
1 Stick 512mb pc3200 COSAIR XMS
Radeon 9700/pro
80gig Western Digi 7200rpm 8meg Cache Primary Harddrive (OS)
a raid card depending on if the motherboard doesnt have one
plus some other trinkets from this computer

mostly i want to play games for hours, do some video editing, surf the web, and other things you can do with a computer. I dont want a dual system so yeah. Which would you have?

If you can wait till nforce2 boards are available I say take AMD, dual channel DDR for P4 is also coming hmmm... tough choices indeed

toastedzergling said:
If you can wait till nforce2 boards are available I say take AMD, dual channel DDR for P4 is also coming hmmm... tough choices indeed
If you have the resources I vote waiting for the nForce2 (with a Swiftech MCX370 and Athlon XP 2400+ and 2 stick of DDR instead of one).

Back