• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blohin

I am Nvidia fan so i want to go for new card what whould you go for if u have just $150 to spend?

(Gaming system- of course)

thak you for input

your best bet is a ti4200 for $70 and 64mb. the fx5600 ultra is gonna cost twice the ti4200 but thats a waste since its no better than the ti4200 in dx8 and nvidia's dx9 is a joke. you could get a 9600 pro but I see your a nvidia fan. Its probably best just to wait for dx9 games to make their way first such as HL2

Wait till spring and maybe around March Nvidia will have some new offerings. Hopefully better DX9 performance because right now it sucks. Even if you don't buy the new stuff, at least the old stuff will be significantly cheaper. It's not like HL2 or Doom 3 are coming out any time soon anyway, so there's no real rush.

even if nvidia's new cards rock in dx9, this will cause their old cards to lose value much more than ati's "old" cards. I remember a ti4600 cost more than a 9500 pro, but the 9500 pro cost more and has been for a while now. Heck you can get a ti4600 for less than a 9600 pro even! I see the fx cards being dirt cheap. like $100 for a fx5700 ultra, $150 for the fx5900, $200 for the 5900 ultra. the 9700 pro and 9800 pro probably wont drop much in price till dx10 comes out since they can run any game at max details anyway and more is overkill unless you want lots of 3dmarks ;)

Overclocker550 said:
like $100 for a fx5700 ultra, $150 for the fx5900, $200 for the 5900 ultra

Can u show me where did you find these prices?!

blohin said:

Can u show me where did you find these prices?!

the best places for price and sevice (return policy, quick shipping) is newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com

mica

Overclocker550 said:
even if nvidia's new cards rock in dx9, this will cause their old cards to lose value much more than ati's "old" cards. I remember a ti4600 cost more than a 9500 pro, but the 9500 pro cost more and has been for a while now. Heck you can get a ti4600 for less than a 9600 pro even! I see the fx cards being dirt cheap. like $100 for a fx5700 ultra, $150 for the fx5900, $200 for the 5900 ultra. the 9700 pro and 9800 pro probably wont drop much in price till dx10 comes out since they can run any game at max details anyway and more is overkill unless you want lots of 3dmarks ;)

This must be some huge reseller because I cannot find prices close to those prices anywhere. Especially not on newegg or zipzoomfly. Please provide links to this magical store with these dirt cheap prices.

Can u show me where did you find these prices?! [/B]

i think he is saying that in the future he "sees" the currently expensive nvidia FX cards getting a lot cheaper when a decent nvidia dx9 card does come out...

it will drop the prices of the current fx cards...while the 9700,9800's will not drop in price since they are already as fast as necessary on dx9 even with maximum settings...

Well i cant find any of those deals, but i did order an eVGA FX 5700 Ultra from newegg for $179. I wouldnt mind to buy another one if you can find me a place from where i can get it for $100, but if u cant please dont tell me that next year prices will be as u stated above.

PS

I do use pricewatch and pricegrabber, but i just cant find those prices, so next time plz dont just post like that, some newbie might be mislead with that wrong info.

Thank you and my apologies if you think i used bad laguage :)

i'd try a 9600 xt, faster than 9600pro, they ring in @ 200 [at local best buy] BUT you get HL2, so in reality only costs you 150 for the card. You know your gonna buy the game anyways, mine as well get a coupon for it now and save money on a video card while the deal lasts :)

you really dont want any lower class nvidia cards for DX9.....dont be biased to a company, just go with whoever has a better deal, and the best deal in mid range is the 9600xt.

Back