• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choosing optimal undervolting values for Radeon RX 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoverclocker9

Registered
Hello dear forum,I need some help with properly undervolting of my Radeon RX 550 GPU.

Here you are two screenshots,one of my Core voltage ,and the second one of my VRam voltage :

corevoltage.png vram voltage.png

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
The only recommendation I can make is to treat it like overclocking. Reduce the voltage and test for stability. If it's good drop a bit more....rinse and repeat until you find your lowest voltage which maintains stability

OP
T

theoverclocker9

Registered
The only recommendation I can make is to treat it like overclocking. Reduce the voltage and test for stability. If it's good drop a bit more....rinse and repeat until you find your lowest voltage which maintains stability

Thank you for replying.

I need some starting undervolting values.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
Welcome back theoverclocker9!

My recommendations would be to start with the core voltage. Avoid changing the VRAM until you get a stable VCore. You have some very good options with the Radeon Wattman software. I would start at the State7 (Max) and bring it down 25 and State 3-6 down 10. Run Firestrike or your preferred GPU benchmarking suite and test for stability. Once instability is detected bring up your numbers until you are fully stable again. Like Johan stated, this will be a trial and error on your part, just like overclocking. Once you have a stable undervolt on the VCore, save those settings and bring them back up a little more for VRam tweaking. Follow the same procedure. Once a stable undervolt is achieved with the VRam plug in the VCore undervolt numbers with the VRam undervolt and retest for stability. You'll want this to be your longest stress test and it will be the final undervolt.

OP
T

theoverclocker9

Registered
Welcome back theoverclocker9!

My recommendations would be to start with the core voltage. Avoid changing the VRAM until you get a stable VCore. You have some very good options with the Radeon Wattman software. I would start at the State7 (Max) and bring it down 25 and State 3-6 down 10. Run Firestrike or your preferred GPU benchmarking suite and test for stability. Once instability is detected bring up your numbers until you are fully stable again. Like Johan stated, this will be a trial and error on your part, just like overclocking. Once you have a stable undervolt on the VCore, save those settings and bring them back up a little more for VRam tweaking. Follow the same procedure. Once a stable undervolt is achieved with the VRam plug in the VCore undervolt numbers with the VRam undervolt and retest for stability. You'll want this to be your longest stress test and it will be the final undervolt.

Thank you very much!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Is the AMD Radeon Adrenalin built-in Stress test reliable and enough?