• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CIDR list of [email protected] IP addresses for firewall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
I couldn't find this elsewhere after a short bit of searching, if it already is, sorry for duplicating it :)

I have [email protected] installed on a server with a rather restrictive firewall, so I needed to manually allow all the [email protected] IP addresses. The only list I found was a big table that I had to manually copy the addresses from. I shortened the few that could be shortened in CIDR. If you've got a similar firewall on a folding machine, here's a list to put in some config file. Read it and allow line by line.

EDIT: An always-current list may be found at https://fah.omega359.info/cidrlist.txt. It is updated weekly with all servers on Stanford's status page.

Last edited:

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
same here, what I did is simply set it to allow range 171.64.0.0 to 171.67.255.255, no issues

OP
petteyg359

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
same here, what I did is simply set it to allow range 171.64.0.0 to 171.67.255.255, no issues

Yeah, but with that, you're allowing over two hundred thousand potentially dangerous connections, and defeating the point of having a firewall in the first place. You might as well just get rid of the firewall completely if you're going to allow such a huge range.

Last edited:

Jolly-Swagman

Thanks petteyg359, will definitely come in Handy,

Also Vote to be added to our Folding Sticky material, as harlam357 stated,

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
...don't need a vote Jolly. The 'Intro' and 'FAQ' stickies are editable by me at any time. ;) I just have to remember to do it. :D

OP
petteyg359

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Necromancy!
Stanford sometime in the past few years broke my script with the new server stats page. Before I was doing a simple dumb curl to fetch the page and parsing IP addresses out of it. Their new page starts blank and populates itself via an AJAX call, which curl obviously doesn't work for. I manually copied the IPs from the new stats page, but I'm not sure that's really all of them given there were three times as many before (42 vs 14).

Last edited: