• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cisco wireless 350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DonSandro

OK i'm now working for my school and they are thinking of putting up a wireless network using cisco's aironet 350 802.11b with the 1200 series AP.
Now this is the thing i'm trying to capture some packets because they want to see how secure this system is (i know this sounds like a crock but here me out). I've tried using Ethereal on a windows box and well no luck no i immediately switched to a linux box running redhat 7.3 with kernel 4.2.18...
Here i was able to get the card into promiscuous mode and i installed ethereal and was able to capture 8 packets (4 DHCP requests and 4 DHCP Discover) NOw i'm don't know too much about these packets but i know they weren't giving me any information i needed.
Now if anyone would like to help and has knowledge on this (an admin preferably) that would be awesome and i'd rather do this over e-mail or somehting and not in a forum but others are welcome to help me also. What I am doing is not illegal in any way considering this is for security purposes (not a crock again).
If any admins would like more proof that this is not just some kid trying to pull a quick one and hack some network please just reply and e-mail me and i'd be glad to provide you with more information.
Thanks again to all
The Don

OP
D

DonSandro

Wel i just read the first thread posted by the admins and well i guessi should have done that first, well either way feel free to remove this thread but maybe an admin will be willing to help me and i can provide you enough information to prove that this is not a scheme.
Sorry again
The Don