• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clawhammer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I was wondering what this CPU would mean for the desktop market. I was reading on toms hardware how the one they had runs at 1.6 ghz. Is that correct? Is this chip going to make the way of the Apple processors and be great of editing graphics and not so good a gamer?

but that doesn't really answer my question of how will it compete with the XP when the mhz are like half of what there will be by that time?

the clawhammer is going to school the XP..its a completely new core..and 700 something pins instead of the 462 pin design....the clawhammer starts at like 3400+ or something as far as i know. the fastest xp will still be slower than the slowest clawhammer..

YOu also have to remember that AMD doesn't go by hertz. It goes by preformance.

Amd has a better design that it doesn't need more speed to be faster, it will be more efficent and thus even with a lower speed than XP and MUCH less than intel, the clawhammer and the sledgehammer or Athlon 64 will preform just as well or much better.

Back