• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clicking/reboot when changing SW1 switch on 7vt600 1394

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smaxsom

System doesn't boot when SW1=auto on 7vt600 1394

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my 7vt600 1394 mobo when I change the SW1 switch to auto. A clicking occurs often when the boot process initializes; the mobo repeatedly clicks until eventually booting. The clicking sometimes occurs once at random during booting, restarting the system. Then, if the system makes it completely through the boot process, it will reboot directly before the windows loading screen.

When the SW1 switch is set to 100mhz however, the system boots fine.

I've tried many different troubleshooting steps. I unflashed the latest bios to the default. I unloaded the latest via drivers to their default. I tested the power by disconnecting extra pc components, thinking that the extra processing speed affected the power, but that didn't help (I have a 400watt power source anyway.) I took out each of my 2 sticks of ram one at a time, but that didn't help. I disabled my videocard. Changed the settings in BIOS to default also, but that didn't work either...

If anyone has any other troubleshooting suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here are a few of my system specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
GA-7vt600 1394 Mobo
512 mb corsair valueselect ram and 512 mb kdata ddr pc333 ram
Powercolor ATI Radeon 9200 (256mb ddr)
400 Watt PSU

-Shane