• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Client mITX Gamer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, yea I am having fun with this build.
digging the mITX vibe, whole different world from my TH10 ......... :rofl:
If I can get everything here hope to make some more progress this weekend :thup:

Last edited:
Good that you decided to use full water cooling there. Nice case but graphics card would overheat on air ( that or it would be noisy ). I have rather bad experience with so tight space and higher performance graphics. It was the reason why I changed case ( 2 times already ).
Overall looks pretty nice :thup:, I wonder when you finish it :)

Now my ITX build ( MSI ITX/6600K ) is in Aerocool DS Cube. It's micro ATX case but not much wider than Bitfenix Prodigy/ITX. I wanted to use GTX780 on air in my gaming PC and keep it quiet what in Bitfenix wasn't possible. That Aerocool DS was free what is always good ;)

The full water cooling was not my idea.
This build is not for me, However it is fun figuring out how to get this all in a case only slightly larger than a shoe box
I agree, full water will be nice to keep the noise down and maximize performance.
Also gave me an oppertunity to check out the entry level kit from EK
we will see how the temps play out later, but TBH I am impressed with the quality.
Their decision to go with enthusiast level parts they sell as stand alone as well is a good one.
It would have been as easy to make a line of less than parts to include in these beginner kits.
I have to say I am a believer, we will have to wait and see how their second tier block and pump preforms.

I know it's not for you but you make it :)
I have couple of EK water blocks. They're probably the best in this price. At least in EU it's hard to find anything better quality and performance in similar price. They could work some on design as latest series aren't the prettiest but still not that bad.
I'm not a fan of cheaper EK pumps. Already had 2 dead out of 3 and both broke within 5 months after purchase.

Guess I gotta hope for the best with this pump
they just want so much for their top tier stuff
I like the minimalist approach they use and the performance is typically on par.

End of day though they have great service, they are the eVGA of the water cooling world.

They are always helpful and my order cam in 3 days form Europe,

I am waiting longer than that for stuff from New Jersey :confused:

Maybe the bridge is closed again ..... :rofl:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/chr...on-bridge-scandal-on-northjersey-com-1.737481

Yeah I was impressed with my order direct from them. I couldn't get some of what I wanted outside of their site, and even what was available here was cheaper to order from them even with shipping. That and they got here in the same amount of time as the US order.

I hear ya James, they are up on the wheel and customer service still means something to them.
Don't mind giving them my money as opposed to some vendors out there

Made a little progress tonight

here are a few shots .... :)

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

Last edited:
You know what I love?
Those EK shrouded rads :thup:

That's a very clean looking build Witchy I love it! :clap:

Thank you ,

I am having a lot of fun with this build, Will hate to see it go ....... :)
Just about finished up this afternoon , fell short on fitting as usual as I hate to over bye being they are so expensive.
just a short swep swivel 90 and a plug with a barb for quick draining, that will be out of sight.
Have not fire it up but must say I give the L240 entry level kit two thumbs up :thup::thup:
While giving you good quality components it also takes all the guess work for those new to water cooling.
For experienced water cooling enthusiast it is quick, easy and a good value.
Unlike AIO systems it also brings unlimited upgrade potential.
All for $ 224.99 , We will have to see what type of temps I end up.
Other hold ups is my Memory and dual SDD cage is somewhere in Maryland thanks to Fedex's blinding efficiency.
It has been five days , getting ready to call the Egg
Was not real happy with the eVGA's 24 pin connector, so I order a Bit Fenix black & red extension to give it a bit of bling factor
Jury still out on lighting as this is a request of the client.

Looking at the LED magnetic strips , and some plain white lighting as well

This case is very nice for as small as it is, while big in mITX world it is crazy small for a 4.120 loop
little things like in this picture make this one of my favorites available, give you floor space above the card and has a swing door to let plug the card in and change it if need be with out having to remove what you have mounted to it

25.JPG

26.JPG

Thank you guys ........ :)

Yes there is room for 2x 3.5" drives and a single SSD and the board has an M.2 on the back
Where the pump goes there is another SSD cage as well

I had to remove the 3.5" drive bays to make room for the 240 rad up front.
I added an additional 2x 2.5 drive bay in place of the 3.5" \

So it will ship with room for an additional SSD and a 80 mm M.2 Drive slot for additional storage option

I could also easily install another 2x 2.5" drive bay in the lower compartment if the client really wanted it.
The way Phanteks utilizes every inch is really a tribute to their R & D guys

Still waiting on the last few pieces :sly:

Yup me likely Witchy, nice job. Side note, the Phillips head screw driver isn't lined up exactly with the others... 2 point deduction for you, don't let it happen again. :D

Nice looking build Witchy, should be quite a powerhouse once you get it lit up. :thup:

Thanks Johan,

finally got the rest of the parts in , I will post a few shots of the final build as soon as I get a chance.
Had a little time today to play with this a little. Card seems like it wants MOAR VOLTS ....... LOL
However I think it will be fine for the guy this is going to :)
here is Fire Strike run

FS.jpg

Back