• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clip just broke.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Ok, i was playing GTA3, when i heard a POP. MY game froze, and i unpluged my compu. Looking instde, i discovered that my waterblock clamp just broke off. Its one like on heatsinks, sorta, an it broke the white plastic of the processor tray on 1 side. I now have 1 side with 3 clips and one side with 2. If anyone is confused, i may be able to get a pic. Anyway, i dont believe the processor is dead, but i have no way of gettin my WB back on. Can anyone help me out with a temporary solution for tonight?

or, you could put your comp on it's side and sit something heavy on it.........it's an idea

Just attach it using the button under the box you fill in for post text. It's gotta be a smaller pic (50k), but we can download it to see.
The image will show up as a downloadable link, not an inline image like if you hosted the pic somewhere.

I get what you're talking about, losing one of the socket tabs, but a pic of your block would help to "engineer" a solution.

Just not your day, is it. Hang in there, bro.

*Nevermind the pic, that holddown would work great. It also makes chipping your core harder, as all the pressure is centered over the core, and the waterblock automatically levels itself.
That's exactly what you need!
If you're a 7 or better on the handiness scale, you could make one yourself tonight too. Just a coathanger and a center piece, and a screw/nut.

Last edited:
Oh no, I mean when you are writing a reply.
Underneath the box you fill in for your reply text, there's a browse button to click, from there you can select your pic on your drive.
When you're done, you can hit the submit reply button, and your pic will be uploaded automatically, and show as a link in the post you just made.

It doesn't show up when editing, just when writing a new reply.

Like this...(edit) removing pic to save skip some space..

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Maybe it's just a senior thing now, it didn't used to be, but it does cost a pretty penny to run this site. :cry:

Maybe you can try what everyone else is using, theforumisdown.com
Tripod won't allow linking anymore.

My ISP offers 10Meg webspace with my account.

Eitherway, I don't think I need a pic now. That holddown is what you'd need if you have a waterblock that was using socket tabs.

LOL sorry all i got is webcam, and its on the broken computer. I had to hand draw it, and im not too good with paint.

Hahaha, that's okay, paint's not that user friendly.

Your current holddown has the wires already?
Have you got a pair of pliers to modify/rebend the wires to cover all 3 tabs? You could also make new wires from a wire coat hanger.

Hmm, coathanger sounds good, ill try that. Assuming i have a coathanger. I havnt been in my closet for ages, been wearing the same clothes since thursday.

LOL, funny how the computer sucks all your "life", isn't it?

Well, best of luck to ya.
I gotta get up early in the morning (4 am). I have to get my gall bladder removed at the hospital. I hope to check back by the afternoon though, as I'm expecting to be home by then.

Ya'll have a great one!

Ok, and when this happens again, it progresses until a fire breaks out and finialy there is firedamage to the entire room, you gonna tell your insurance claims adjuster that the fire started because you attempted to use an unapproved CPU cooling method? water in your computer? :eek: Looks like you won't be getting any cash today...

Hmm, i had a small disaster. One of the hoses in my wc came off and soaked it all. Its drying now, but th clotheshanger seems to work well. I think i need hose clamps now.

Back