• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clockin my Celeron 633????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WriSt

Registered
Hi,

I'm tryin to clock my celeron 633 but i can't get it to work. I have tried almost everything... but thats not too much.. cuz i don't know so much about this things..

The problem is that I can't increase the FSB in my BIOS
only on the main board. And when I do that, my comp don't want
too boot.. now it's on 66MHz buffer in the motherboard (have a
suxxin QDI Advanced 10 E motherboard).. in the BIOS I can either
change the HOST/PCI clock (i think it's called) to 83/37 or default
in default mode i can change the mulitplier to up to 12 but if i do
that.. nothing happens.. it's still at 633.. is i have it on 83/37
my celeron runs at 790 MHz.. but i want more!!!

plz can someone help me!!

///WriSt

short of buying another mobo, you're pretty much stuck there. First off, Intel has a locked multiplier, so you can change the jumpers til you turn blue and it still won't help. As far as your FSB goes, unless the board goes any higher, you ain't budging from 790...might be worth buying a new mobo...that chip should be good for almost a gig with the right cooling and voltage...

and welcome to the forums!

yep takiwa is right, you can probly run that CPU at least 100Mhz FSB with the right voltage and cooling. If you have a setting for 100Mhz FSB on your board then try running at that. If your mobo does not have voltage adjustment then you may have to do a voltage mod on your CPU (AKA wire trick...vidpinning) to run at 100FSB

I can change my FSB to 100 or 133MHz with the jumpers on my mobo.. but then my comp don't start... så i don't understand that part.. is it the voltage that is too low??.. because i can't change that.. even if my mobo manual says i should be able to do it.. hmm.. wierd...
Is there any other way of changing the voltage???.. plz help :)

--WriSt--

Last edited:
Sorry, no way to unlock the multiplier. To reach 100 FSB, you need to do 3 things: cooling, more cooling, and probably increase the CPU core voltage a little. The cooling is done by getting a better CPU cooler and using a good thermal paste to install it. More cooling is done by adding extra case fans to suck in cool fresh air in the front and exhaust hot air out the back. Rounding your IDE cables and rerouting your power wires out of the way might help improve case ventilation too. The voltage can be increased using the VID pin wire wrap trick, once the cooling is done and you still are having trouble running stable.

the coolin i've already got =)

have never heard of this pin wire wrap trick.. can someone please update me =)

plz.. i need someone to tell me more about the PIN Wier trick... plz help.. need to know the pins for my celeron 633 MHz

--WriSt--

ok.. so i should
boost the corevoltage and then change my jumpers so i get a 100MHz bus??.. have i got it right??...
hope so .. otherwise i'll fukk up my core

--WriSt--

WriSt said:
ok.. so i should
boost the corevoltage and then change my jumpers so i get a 100MHz bus??.. have i got it right??...

--WriSt--
:D

WriSt said:
ok.. so i should

--WriSt--
boost the vcore and set your jump to 100mhz.....

I have yet to hear anything about your cooling except that you said it's ok. Chances are you still need cooling improvements. I'll be willing to help you figure out which pins to connect (depends on your original default voltage and how much you need to increase it), but first I need to know exactly what cooling mods you've done so I can recommend what voltage range to go for. Also, tell us what is the stepping of your Celeron (either cB0 with 1.5v default or cC0 with 1.65v default).

don't know what this cBO is.. but i have a default vcorevolt at 1.65v... and I want to get my CPU to about 900-950 MHz i think.. if it's possible... but thats the highest i would test right now.. don't think i can get any higher at all.. wellwell..

hmm.. my cooling... wel i have a systemp of 18*C and my CPU sensor is broken.. but I have put an external LCD temp next to the next to the CPU socket and the coolinelement and that shows 19-24*C... so i don't know but i think i can boost the vcore some.. ey??..

Answer quick plz.. im gonna do it today i hope...

Last edited:
With a default of 1.65v, your Celeron is a cC0 stepping, which is good. The chances of reaching 950 MHz (100 FSB) are pretty good, if your cooling is really good. You still haven't mentioned a word on what you have for cooling, so I'll assume it's just the standard Intel retail heatsink and fan. At the very least (if you can't afford a new and better CPU cooler), I'd invest in some cheap thermal paste (although Arctic Silver is much better). The temps you are quoting must be idle temps, because full load temps would be much higher (unless you're water cooled).

I'll be back in a few minutes to post which VID pins to connect. However, I really, really, really recommend having above average cooling first. Too much voltage and not enough cooling often equals a fried CPU.

well i have dual 80' fans in the back and one 80' in the tront.. and some unmarked coolin on the CPU.. not the intel standard with a 40' fan.. have one with a 60' fan...

im sorra but all my fans are of an unmarked sort.. but they have a pretty good air flow i can tell =)

im gonna put in a 120' fan in the side or the top soon... so then it'll be better...

and what i can remember i have some coolin paste on the CPU.. but otherwist i can aply some.. dont know how good it is.. but it followed with the coolin sink i have now..

Ok, I've looked at the wire wrap options for a 1.65v default Celeron and it don't look too good. There is only one possible thing you can do and I do NOT recommend it. The only thing that can be done is to connect the VID3 pin with the VSS pin for big jump to 2.05v. That's too much voltage, in my opinion. I really think you need a better motherboard with adjustable voltages. Here is a pic of the VID pins and a link to the article, but if you decide to do the wire wrap anyway and fry your CPU, don't blame me.

http://www.hardocp.com/articles/intel_stuff/bumpvoltage.html

celepins.jpg

hey i come up with an idea.. if i could put somekind of isolation on lets say.. hmm.. VID1.. so that pin ain't connected in the socket and then connect the VID3 to the VSS i would get 1.80 volt in the vcore.. right...

do you think that would work.,.. i could put some kind of superglue on the PIN...

Something like that might just work. I would not use superglue though. I might try clear fingernail polish or something similar like that. You would still have to connect VID3 and VSS pins like you said, but isolating VID1 would give you 1.95v not 1.8v like you figured. However, if you isolated VID2 (plus connected VID3 and VSS), that would give you 1.85v, which just might work ok if you have good cooling. If you didn't get VID2 completely isolated though, you'd be at 2.05v, so be careful. This is a good idea, we just have to think it out carefully to make it work. Of course, you could remove the VID2 pin, but that's very drastic and I don't like that idea. Maybe other members can help out with ideas. Good luck.

batboy said:
With a default of 1.65v, your Celeron is a cC0 stepping, which is good. The chances of reaching 950 MHz (100 FSB) are pretty good, if your cooling is really good. You still haven't mentioned a word on what you have for cooling, so I'll assume it's just the standard Intel retail heatsink and fan. At the very least (if you can't afford a new and better CPU cooler), I'd invest in some cheap thermal paste (although Arctic Silver is much better). The temps you are quoting must be idle temps, because full load temps would be much higher (unless you're water cooled).

I'll be back in a few minutes to post which VID pins to connect. However, I really, really, really recommend having above average cooling first. Too much voltage and not enough cooling often equals a fried CPU.
my old celly 566 (cB0) was clock to 950 mhz (112 mhz.....) @1.75....
excuse my english but it's so good.........
so........
http://www.anfitea.com/nuovo sommario/celeron566.asp
with vantec + delta 7000rpm cooler....

Back