• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cluster Binding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keddo486

I am trying to put together a small cluster for folding, and I have a few questions.
1. Which does more work, a dual processor system or two single processor systems ( All else being equal memory, storage etc.)
2. What is the best and easiest way to bind the cluster together under win2000 or Linux?

new_novice

sory keddo, don't know nothing about cluster, i would think a dual and single be the same though, I could be wrong. But it's more efficient with a dual because you have more space to add more boxes later :D.

belorsch

Folding Monk
keddo486 said:
I am trying to put together a small cluster for folding, and I have a few questions.
1. Which does more work, a dual processor system or two single processor systems ( All else being equal memory, storage etc.)
2. What is the best and easiest way to bind the cluster together under win2000 or Linux?
As I understand it Folding is not set up to take advantage of this type of environment. If you happen to be setting one up for another reason then you could setup a folding instance for each proc you have though. Take a look at the FAQ thread. It should help.