• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Hyper 6.....will it fit in my case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hyper 6 dimensions 96x82x120 mm ( L x W x H I believe )

Praetorian dimensions L497 x W196 x H452 mm

So you have 76mm to work with... but you lose some of that to the side panels and the mobo backplate, but even so I'd say that it'll fit. That's about 3 in. if you were wondering. I'd be worrying more about the torque that thing'll put on your board... I'm surprised that you don't need to mount the upper end on the case supports to keep it from tearing off. At any rate, good luck with the HS. :)

CircuitBreaker8 said:
I have a CM praetorian case, and its pretty thin. I just ordered the HYPER 6 and its REALLY tall...anyone know if it will fit?
i have a CM wavemaster and had an aerocool HT-101, which should be about the same size as the Hyper6, you should have plenty of room :)

I have a wavemaster case and a Hyper 6 and it fits fine. The nice thing about it is that with the wavemaster case the rear exhaust fan lines up pretty well with the Hyper 6. As far as mounting the thing it comes with a steel backing bracket for the mobo so its pretty sturdy. Just don't be banging the case around, lol.

BrandonV, how did that Zalman fit with your Abit IC7 Max3? Did it interfere with the northbridge cooler? I was wondering it the Hyper 6 would fit on that mobo without hitting the NB HS.

Back