• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM RC-690 modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coco16

hello I got a RC690 like 2 weeks ago and i want to do some modding to it has anyone here try new stuff on it idk just want new ideas to het better airflow and have my system cooler thx.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
The case has great airflow as is and it can support up to 6 fans. Just get high quality fans and a good cpu cooler and heat issues will be a non problem.

OP
coco16

coco16

its actually 7 fans what it can support but i always like to have some cool modding on my cases but ty

Automiketic

plenty of fun things to do with a 690. they can be torn down quite a bit so you can customize the colors a bit if you have any talent with paint. i personally started on mine by removing all the honey comb grills and replacing with standard fan grills. i also removed the plastic bracket on the bottom of the case and rigged it into the 5.25" bays so i could mount a 120mm fan there. possibilities are endless. most the fun of modding though is comming up with your own unique ideas. either way have fun im sure youll enjoy the case.

jaymz9350

The first thing I did (literally right after opening it) was remove all the honeycomb grills and the plastic mesh looking stuff from the top and front. I also enlarged the hole in the motherboard tray a little just to make things a little easier.

The last thing I've done so far is cut the HDD rack some for better airflow between the drives

IMG_8836.jpg

I also removed all the tool-less drive mount as I prefer to screw them in (except the hdd's)