• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coaxial audio out to sound bar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

How can I accomplish this I'm a little confused I never heard of a coaxial cable. Tv I have only has coaxial audio out. My sound bar has the typical rcas and aux. Can't find a coaxial to aux or rcas. What can a man do?

Digital coaxial audio uses an RCA connector.

What sound bar do you have?

a link to the sound bar would help clear things up a bit. there is digital coax as ATM said uses a rca style connector, ironcly i used one of those once to test something out. buying a labled "digital coax" cable didnt make a difference vs using some included rca stereo cable i had laying around.

to figure things out more, what tv model? i find it hard to belive if the tv is about 5yrs old it has the coax digital connection, most if not all i have seen sport the optical digital connection.

What is the source of your TV signal? If it's a cable/satellite receiver or HTPC you can run the audio straight to the sound bar and turn the TV volume off.

It's a digital device and using the analog inputs would likely lead to less than optimal results.

It's a digital device and using the analog inputs would likely lead to less than optimal results.

Earlier in this thread I linked to a DAC which has both digital coax and optical as inputs, which uses RCA as outputs.
Not sure how this would lead to "less than optimal results"...

Look at the picture of the device. It has an optical input, which is the best one to use if possible.

Look at the picture of the device. It has an optical input, which is the best one to use if possible.

That would depend entirely on the quality of the DAC in the soundbar. Digital=better is not automatic, and is patently false in many instances. It is quite easy to envision the DAC in a $60 soundbar not being the best possible option. The "best" option depends on whether best=easy or sound quality.

Back