• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD4 And Hacks: verifying suspected players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Terran2k, the perks do help a lot if you can find a combination that works well for you. Also try some different servers like hardcore servers they tend to have better players and there is less nade spaming. Just like with most games you have to shop around to find a server that fits the way you want to play.

Absolutely, go play on hardcore servers. The quality of the players is generally higher, and MOST HC servers have friendly fire on, so the nade spam isn't as bad.

Absolutely, go play on hardcore servers. The quality of the players is generally higher, and MOST HC servers have friendly fire on, so the nade spam isn't as bad.

But how is "hardcore" choppers and airstrikes every 5 seconds?

That is what turned me off completely from the game. It's all just a new and prettier looking run and gun deathmatch, no matter what game type you cling to.

But how is "hardcore" choppers and airstrikes every 5 seconds?

That is what turned me off completely from the game. It's all just a new and prettier looking run and gun deathmatch, no matter what game type you cling to.

That's exactly the reason I picked the server I primarily play on. They have rules against run 'n' gun, you can't blindly shoot walls, doorways, chokepoints, etc., and you must use sights when you do shoot. Martyrdom perk isn't allowed. You're also not allowed to nade/C4/tube blindly, unless you're clearing a room, and then you have to follow the explosive into the room immediately after it detonates. They don't allow bunnyhopping or dolphin diving. No explosives or airstrikes are allowed in the first 20 seconds of a round. There's almost always an admin on, and if they aren't, chances are there's a regular on with an admin just an xfire message away, so rules tend to be enforced quickly. It's a hardcore S&D server, so getting spawncamped isn't a problem (no respawn in search and destroy for those that don't play it). There's alot of servers out there that have rules against some of the more annoying aspects of the no-rules servers, it's just a matter of finding them, which isn't as tough as it may seem, since most of them tend to be well populated.

Last edited:
Will add our server IP

Team QRF gamers
76.74.152.248:28960

We don't allow Marty and run HC matches only.nice mix of sabotage , search and destroy , and headquarters.

We play for fun. Most traffic is Friday nights through the weekends.come check us out.
I admin as well as some of the others that play there. We PB ban hackers and kick rule breakers.

Last edited:
That's exactly the reason I picked the server I primarily play on. They have rules against run 'n' gun, you can't blindly shoot walls, doorways, chokepoints, etc., and you must use sights when you do shoot. Martyrdom perk isn't allowed. You're also not allowed to nade/C4/tube blindly, unless you're clearing a room, and then you have to follow the explosive into the room immediately after it detonates. They don't allow bunnyhopping or dolphin diving. No explosives or airstrikes are allowed in the first 20 seconds of a round. There's almost always an admin on, and if they aren't, chances are there's a regular on with an admin just an xfire message away, so rules tend to be enforced quickly. It's a hardcore S&D server, so getting spawncamped isn't a problem (no respawn in search and destroy for those that don't play it). There's alot of servers out there that have rules against some of the more annoying aspects of the no-rules servers, it's just a matter of finding them, which isn't as tough as it may seem, since most of them tend to be well populated.

Yuck. Sorry, but if all that can't be done on the server side then no thanks. I went into a server once and an admin was saying you weren't allowed to jump and shoot, but he had to "brb, let me check if jumping and throwing nades are okay.......YES thats fine"

That is lame. I've been in those kinds of servers and half the time is spent arguing with someone who accuses you of something.

Its just a sign of what is wrong with the game to me and why there needs to be more server controls added.

Yuck. Sorry, but if all that can't be done on the server side then no thanks. I went into a server once and an admin was saying you weren't allowed to jump and shoot, but he had to "brb, let me check if jumping and throwing nades are okay.......YES thats fine"

That is lame. I've been in those kinds of servers and half the time is spent arguing with someone who accuses you of something.

Its just a sign of what is wrong with the game to me and why there needs to be more server controls added.

There's a certain amount of player skill that goes into not getting wasted by air strikes and nade spams, and choppers. As I grew better and better at the game I found my deaths going WAY down, and my kills going way up.

Just a couple things to note, high population servers 40+ players will be chaotic, and there will be lots of air strikes. Running up a high Kill/death ratio on a heavily populated server is difficult.

If you want server that will have less of that, find one that is <= 24 players.

There's a certain amount of player skill that goes into not getting wasted by air strikes and nade spams, and choppers. As I grew better and better at the game I found my deaths going WAY down, and my kills going way up.

Just a couple things to note, high population servers 40+ players will be chaotic, and there will be lots of air strikes. Running up a high Kill/death ratio on a heavily populated server is difficult.

24? Man I can barely stand TDM with 16 ~ 20 people, less tactical that way I guess, but at the same time I'm the run/gun type.

Monitor help

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I play a lot of COD4 and have some favorite servers I like to play. It seems that a lot of them are never populated, so I am going to try some of the ones listed above.

My problem is I just switched from a 15" CRT monitor to a new 22" LCD and can't get the damn game to run right. The screen shows up and is really jumpy and I can't shoot anything.

I've read all the widescreen gaming threads and just can't seem to get my graphics settings right for COD4 and it is my favorite game to play online. Any suggestions????

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I play a lot of COD4 and have some favorite servers I like to play. It seems that a lot of them are never populated, so I am going to try some of the ones listed above.

My problem is I just switched from a 15" CRT monitor to a new 22" LCD and can't get the damn game to run right. The screen shows up and is really jumpy and I can't shoot anything.

I've read all the widescreen gaming threads and just can't seem to get my graphics settings right for COD4 and it is my favorite game to play online. Any suggestions????

Your 6800GS is goign to have a hard time keeping up with COD4 on a 22" monitor.

I'd suggest upgrading your GPU.

Your 6800GS is goign to have a hard time keeping up with COD4 on a 22" monitor.

I'd suggest upgrading your GPU.

x2. Upgrade to AT LEAST an 8800GT G92 to get very smooth frames @ 1680x1050. A HD4850 can be had for about $150 if you look hard enough, infact they are on sale @ BB right now.

x2. Upgrade to AT LEAST an 8800GT G92 to get very smooth frames @ 1680x1050. A HD4850 can be had for about $150 if you look hard enough, infact they are on sale @ BB right now.

Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and tell the wife right now that I'm getting a new card. Do you want the address to send the sympathy card now or should I just wait until I'm officially dead?.............

Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and tell the wife right now that I'm getting a new card. Do you want the address to send the sympathy card now or should I just wait until I'm officially dead?.............

just tell her your grpahics card blew out, and how crappy that is, because you don't want to have to spend $350 on a new card. Then act all upset about it, and then she'll say, "Well maybe you don't need to spend that much on a card." Then you go buy a $200-$250 card as a "comprimise".

just tell her your grpahics card blew out, and how crappy that is, because you don't want to have to spend $350 on a new card. Then act all upset about it, and then she'll say, "Well maybe you don't need to spend that much on a card." Then you go buy a $200-$250 card as a "comprimise".

Nice..........that just might work..........I actually got a fairly stable screen at 1024x768 at 16:10 aspect. It's not as jumpy and I can still play. I still think I'm going to use the Jedi wife trick though..........

start hording money into your paypal account and dont let your wife know. you would be amazed at how quickly you can rack up some coin on the DL... then when it comes in, just say you paid 150 bucks for it, even if it cost 300

I agree, has you get better and learn the maps you will know were to go to not die from an air strike. Nade spams are going to happen there is not a lot you can do especially in HC because you can only hear the nade.

Choppers I have a whole other beef with. Its like they have xray vision, they can see threw walls and there bullets seem to go through everything. There have been so many times that I have been killed when I know the chopper could not see me.

I rarely play in a server that is over 24 people, there just isn't enough strategy in servers that have more then that. The maps just are not big enough for a ton of people. If they were the size of bf2 maps then it would be ok.

Back