• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Colorful Introduces RTX 4090 and RTX 4080 Series GPUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

logo-Cropped-1-e1656433364518.png
Colorful introduced its GeForce RTX 4090 and RTX 4080 Vulcan, Neptune, and NB EX series graphics cards. Built on Nvidia's Ada Lovelace architecture the next generation of RTX cards is reported to provide massive performance boosts over the current generation. Colorful is also announcing its latest version of iGame Center, providing an all-in-one application for hardware monitoring, overclocking, and RGB control. Availability and pricing have yet to be announced so for now we will have to settle for some brief specifications for each series.
Click here to read more!

wonder how well this brand is, will they be on the same level as PNY/MSI. could they be more in the GB/Asus/Evga level.

I've had a few Colorful items come across my review table and they've been ok to good products. I can't speak to their warranty or customer service though.

I've had a few Colorful items come across my review table and they've been ok to good products. I can't speak to their warranty or customer service though.
you do a tear down to see the layout of the cards? i was going to get a PNY XLR8 3060ti but wound up getting a EVGA 3070 card. reading around so many said to avoid them, they could never say why. all the video card reviews are of FE/ASUS/GB/Zotac ect cards but i have not seen MSI/PNY. i personally think reviewers should do tear downs to compare the GPU pwm and the memory PWM to other cards.

Many do. Most of ours do.. I couldn't get the 4090 apart easily enough and under a time crunch so it didn't get it. But all of Shawn's reviews tear down. Techpowerup too.

I have not reviewed GPUs but was referring to other components they make like SSDs. I'm not sure if OCF has reviewed any of their GPUs come to think of it. Hmm you could do a search though.

wonder how well this brand is, will they be on the same level as PNY/MSI. could they be more in the GB/Asus/Evga level.

PNY is generally lower shelf than MSI. GB is lower than ASUS/EVGA. I mean depends on what do you expect, but Gigabyte is saving on coolers and power design in way too many models. It's like 1-2 top cards are great, but next couple slightly lower models have cut-down power design and cooling (even though looks the same then has 1-2 heatpipes less or other things like that). MSI does the same as Gigabyte and I would place them on the same level. PNY is like Gainward/Palit/Zotac, so like a lower shelf. Zotac would be higher but they have too many design flaws.
I was only reviewing Colorful motherboards and all were pretty good with a strong power design. However, all had problems with BIOS that wasn't improved later. I saw some graphics card reviews and for some reason all the good stuff is available only in some Asian countries. For the US/EU market they only release mass-sale products.
Most modern graphics cards have a similar power design (except for top OC series). Most are using something similar to reference design regarding power phases or even use full reference design. Most use exactly the same memory chips, no matter what brand. Most differences for end-users are in coolers and warranty terms/support. I wouldn't worry about Colorful PCB/power design. I would only worry about its warranty in some countries.

maybe just me then, i dont know why i like the hexagon pattern on the back of the PNY XLR8 Revel lineup.
is the reason i damn near snagged the 3060Ti for roughly $20 to $30 cheaper then the evga 3070 i got.

To follow the other comments about it being a popular brand in Asia.
Ive seen some pretty cool looking and popular pieces of gear by colorful but most of those posts are coming out of Asia.
I am curious to see if they will make a play to try and pick up some of the gap EVGA leaving the US market created.

Back