• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comair Rotron Patriot Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

dang these things are huge.... is the antec 1030/chieftec/chenming case big enough to hold one in the front if i take out the bottom hdd cage? if i do that then how do you suggest i exhaust the huge amounts of air coming in? also, how loud are these fans. ive read that people 12v mod them, how do you go about doing that and how loud and how much cfm does it push like that?

wildfrogman

I have one patriot fan, and i have measured a friends case that had that antec case. It will fit, the noise is roughly the same annoyance factor as a delta 68 or a tiny bit worse. A bit less whine but a tiny bit louder, just a lower pitch. Just to give another compairison....a ys-tech 40cfm 60mm fan is more annoying than a 12v model fan at 12v. I would look around hard to find the 12v models as they are a better value unless you psu cant handle multiple huge fans or somthing odd planned like that. Airflow is just amazing, should be enough to pressurize your entire case quite alot. Just make vents~enough fans etc so you have a fairly even airflow for best results. You will see a pretty big drop in temps going to this fan for sure.

OP
X

Xevuhtess7

i was thinking of putting it in the bottom front, with a heatercore attached to it, and have 2 27cfm 80mm exhausts and 1 120mm 53cfm blowhole exhaust on the top. is it ok if there is way more air coming in then going out? cause i know that postive pressure is good, but is it good to have nearly 8 times as much air going in then out?

wildfrogman

well, as long as you have a decent amount of airflow from back to front exhausting out of the case thats what matters to remove the heat. I would think you would enjoy better temps if you have the 120mm fan exhausting over the pci~agp cards so it sucks the air off the cards. Also it would keep the airflow more front to back and up a little bit in a S shape. You will be able to cool your mobo~cpu area, ram better that way. Hope this helps out.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
I just placed one of these monsters in the bottom of my case, up front, and closed the door.

My load cpu and mobo temperatures dropped 4 degrees immediately!

The only problem so far is that the fan in my case door is now acting as an exaust fan, even though it is running the other direction! (Wired to suck, but internal air pressure is so high that air is blowing out the hole!)