• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Come get your 4870 Review's =D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, I'm ecstatic about this, this is excellent news for the/my GPU world!

gonna be a great summer~

Anandtech is getting hammered lol their site is slow as all getout.

I can't wait for TRs review too, Scott Wasson's GPU reviews always have good technical details but not so much that my eyes gloss over when it goes over my head.

Teeehee.
Kudos to OCX and their 4chan /g/man.
Not too bad for Alpha drivers.

Attachments

• 1214379827709.jpg
    1214379827709.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 867
Nice score. Shame they couldn't use a bigger bus, maybe not 512 bit but 448 would be better to increase the bandwitdh with GDDR5. Is the Bandwitdh of 57.5GB/s real? Seems low.

What I really want to know though is what the system specs were. It isn't really useful without it, otherwise you can't really compare it with anything else...

Looks like I will be going for the 4870X2 if it is that good, get two of them for some sexy fps. I just want a comparison of the GT280 Sli vs HD4870X2, and maybe any new 55nm cards on their way for Nvidia...

On numerous occasions, HD 4870 CF is faster than GTX 280 SLI. Just look at them go in COD4!

I'm sure they'll get that sorted out with drivers. And I'm suprised how well it does in Crysis considering it's an Nvidia branded game.

Excuse my ignorance, but why is everyone so excited about these results? I don't mean this in a condescending way at all, I'm actually asking, because I've been out of the loop for ages and it looks as if the nVidia range is still besting Ati's new offerings? Once again, I'm actually asking, not putting anyone down, I don't really know enough about the newer cards to decide what's good.

Check the prices of NVidia's new cards. The 4870 performs at or above the GTX 260 in many, many cases, the 4870 is going to be $300 and the GTX 260 is $400. In some cases, the 4870 performs just under the $600-$650 GTX 280. The performance/dollar on that card is out of this world.

Its already over...the 4870 is running on beta drivers and owning. In Crossfire its simply no contest. Keep in mind Nehalem will love Crossfire like nothing else. Havok and Intel have fully embraced AMD/ATI Graphics. The choice is simple. I'm ordering my 4870 as soon as they are on Newegg.

Back