• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comon' Peeps add some more crunchers if you can!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

Now is the time to build them systems if you guys can afford it.. Lets show the Amdmb.com team what we O/C'ers are made of..

Crunch ON!!

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
toomnymods said:
Now is the time to build them systems if you guys can afford it.. Lets show the Amdmb.com team what we O/C'ers are made of..

Crunch ON!!

Roger that!!

(well, actually i've been doing that as many of u had noticed. and for now, i'll just sit down and wait for the thoroughbred come out.......)

Sir-Epix

Where am I to sleep? I live in a 10 X 10 room with another student. HEHEHE. Once you figure that out, I might sell some of my old Boxen and build a dualie.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Just received my 1700+ from Newegg and am currently installing Win2K on it and the Shuttle AK31 I got in last Friday. Will be done with it in an hour or so.

Looks as if it may overclock in the 1.7GHz range so far but going to need to do a voltage mod to the DDR to get in the 160MHz area. Doesn't seem to like it much there and I know the memory can handle it, it's the same stuff that was in my 8KHA+ and it ran fine at 160MHz.

Should have the 2000+ in tomorrow but am waiting on another 8KHA+ to get back to me from Newegg since I sent it off for RMA yesterday. Didn't look like they had any refurbs for replacement so I'll probably get refunded in which case, I'll just get another one.

chawken

Have to wait until after tax time. I plan on setting up several boxes and networking all the farm at home. Hopefully I will be able to double production by May.

hallen

Here's another (no picture)

a. 4 CPUs in 1U form factor

b. Can rack up to 168 Athlon MP 2000+ CPUs in a 42U rack

System Specification

Form Factor 1U (29.5" x 16.75" x 1.75")
Processor 4 Athlon MP 2000+ processors
RAM (max) Up to 8 GB of PC2100 DDR
Max Storage Up to 320GB IDE storage
Drive Controller IDE or SCSI
Peripherals CDROM
Graphics 2 Video Ports
Communications 2 Serial ports, up to 2 10/100 Ethernet NICs
Environment Supports Linux, Windows, FreeBSD

http://www.angstrom.com/products/racer500_quad.htm

Yodums

Jon said:
Just received my 1700+ from Newegg and am currently installing Win2K on it and the Shuttle AK31 I got in last Friday. Will be done with it in an hour or so.

Looks as if it may overclock in the 1.7GHz range so far but going to need to do a voltage mod to the DDR to get in the 160MHz area. Doesn't seem to like it much there and I know the memory can handle it, it's the same stuff that was in my 8KHA+ and it ran fine at 160MHz.

Should have the 2000+ in tomorrow but am waiting on another 8KHA+ to get back to me from Newegg since I sent it off for RMA yesterday. Didn't look like they had any refurbs for replacement so I'll probably get refunded in which case, I'll just get another one.

I'm guessing Crucial ram? I found out in order to get Crucial running @ 166fsb+ you need voltages above 2.9/3.6!

Yodums

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Hmmm... I'd add my Pentium 1 system except that I loaned out my vid. card to my best friend for some diagnosis and have yet to get it back....

Guess I can keep on crunching the way I am... It's not hurting the team any :D!!
JigPu

racecar12

LOL...I found enough parts this mourning to put together one more system. Not much of one but here is how my list of cpu cycles go>
P1-233
P2-400
T'bird-1350
T'bird-1400
XP-1600
P4-2400
For a grand total of 7333Mhz of crunching power:D