• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comos checksum error =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyoor

Registered
Cmos checksum error =(

I got a ABIT KT7A-raid motherboard.
I just got it and it wont work =(
When I start up, it goes trough the memory test, then lists the IDE drivers in my computer. After that it waits for some seconds and then wright "cmos checksum error on the screen" then hangs.. I cant press F1 or delete during the startup at all..
I have tested to reset the cmos, taken utr the batery and so on, nothing works =(
I thought it could be my processor or something, so i borrowed my brothers, but the same thing happend.
I have tried to use another processor, another memory chip and so on.. I have tryed to take out all the IDE cables, all the PCI cards and so on, but nothing happens..
The only thing I havnt tried to change is the Graphic card. Its a Point of view Geforce 2 GTS and it works fine on my AMD 500
i have even tried to switch to another keyboard, but nothing happens...

Anyone that could help me??
PLZ!

PS: Sorry for my bad english.. (from swenen)

Last edited:

rUfUnKy

Cyoor said:
I got a ABIT KT7A-raid motherboard.
I just got it and it wont work =(
When I start up, it goes trough the memory test, then lists the IDE drivers in my computer. After that it waits for some seconds and then wright "comos checksum error on the screen" then hangs.. I cant press F1 or delete during the startup at all..
I have tested to reset the comos, taken utr the batery and so on, nothing works =(
I thought it could be my processor or something, so i borrowed my brothers, but the same thing happend.
I have tried to use another processor, another memory chip and so on.. I have tryed to take out all the IDE cables, all the PCI cards and so on, but nothing happens..
The only thing I havnt tried to change is the Graphic card. Its a Point of view Geforce 2 GTS and it works fine on my AMD 500
i have even tried to switch to another keyboard, but nothing happens...

Anyone that could help me??
PLZ!

PS: Sorry for my bad english.. (from swenen)

1) Use the jumper to Clear CMOS sometimes the battery trick takes a while... also make sure you unplug your computer. CMOS memory doesnt need much current to stay active..

2) Check to see if CMOS battery is dead

3) Try re-flash BIOS, if you encoutered the error message during re-flashing (also make sure to have the current version)

4) last I would contact dealer to purchase a new BIOS chip.

Last edited:
OP
Cyoor

Cyoor

Registered
=/

I have already tried to use the cmos jumper to clear cmos..
changed battery and nothing happend..
How do I reflash bios if bios wont even check for my disk drive?
i have contacted a dealer sence it was a warenty problem.. They have looked at it and they got it to work with an AMD Duron 750.. (I got 800) So they say there is no problem with the Mobo..

Last edited: